Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did a debate about Leon Osman of all people ever get so heated?
I think Osman's to blame. . . oh alright then, it was me

"Another booking between now and the end of the year would see the former Rangers forward banned for a match, but Martinez does not expect him to change. The boss has been delighted with Naismith's contribution this season across a number of roles up front, and sees suspensions as just part and parcel of the game."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/everton/ban-looms-for-striker-1745586.html?

Who cares, pull up a seat lid.

So what are the hipster's views on this topic?

FsCaBTb.jpg

He clearly has an issue with Cahill, as if the excerpt from last night didn't tell you that. This is the latest one:

------------------------------------------
'Tim wasn’t the typical number 10 who peeled off into space and threaded a pass, like a Gianfranco Zola or a Dennis Bergkamp.

He was all action, physical and could do all the jobs – striker, in the middle of midfield, or on the left or right.

It was good to play alongside him for years because he helped everyone out and scored some very important goals.

(On Cahill’s retirement)

“He was all action and he was getting older. The New York Red Bulls made him an offer to go out there and promote Tim Cahill the brand, and he couldn’t really turn it down.

“It was sad to see him go. Tim Cahill, Mr Everton, a fans’ favourite. He was a big part of my time at the club but the club moves on.

“At the time he wasn’t starting because Felli had taken over that role off the striker and Tim wasn’t a back-up player, that’s for sure.”
-------------------------------------------

Reading between the lines, to me, it seems like he's trying to make out Cahill had an ego and wasn't genuine.
This would tally with the agendas certain other Everton fans website twitter accounts were going with last night in defending Osman.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.
He defo has an ego, cant blame him though hes been the poster child for australian sport for most of his carrer

when sorting out the 'wheat from the chaff' I always fall back to the tried and tested rule of the 'TRENCH' I mean , who would you rather have next to you in a battle of manly strength ? Deserter Leon or Warhorse Cahill ? ......nurse

Defending a simple but innocent man despite popular opinion. I'm not a fan of Osman's comments regarding my favourite player, but he's hardly offensive enough to be whaling on with the fervour we've seen here.
"whether they fight or not, they know they will die anyway. So really, is this bravery or simple desperation?

Status
Not open for further replies.