Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been in here for a while, try to avoid it during the season as its vile at times, however was good yesterday. Our first 14 is as strong as any I have ever seen at Goodison and that includes the 85 and 87 teams. Appreciate that times change and styles do too.

Only thing for me was that the 3 behind Rom all seemed too central - Pienaar gave added dimension when he came on, and with Mirallas back I think that the 10 role will be up for grabs between Naisy and Ross. Only a good thing in my opinion.

So could this be the way forward then with Nais in such good form? When Kev is back, we'd have Barkley, Mirallas and Nais all rotating behind Rom.

I like that. A lot.

I think so, take out Osman and Alcaraz from yesterday's team and put in Stones and Mirallas and that's our best 11 atm.

Not been in here for a while, try to avoid it during the season as its vile at times, however was good yesterday. Our first 14 is as strong as any I have ever seen at Goodison and that includes the 85 and 87 teams. Appreciate that times change and styles do too.

Only thing for me was that the 3 behind Rom all seemed too central - Pienaar gave added dimension when he came on, and with Mirallas back I think that the 10 role will be up for grabs between Naisy and Ross. Only a good thing in my opinion.

I think our attacking midfield 3 would have to be Barkley, Mirallas and Naismith atm. You just can't overlook how well Naismith has played this season.

Ross wins hands down, we saw the effect he had on the side and Rom in particular, Naismith would be a good super sub ala deloufeu

I think our attacking midfield 3 would have to be Barkley, Mirallas and Naismith atm. You just can't overlook how well Naismith has played this season.

How we fit Nais and Ross in the same team was the big question, and it looks like we saw the answer yesterday.

As you mentioned before, switch out Osman for Kev and Alcaraz out for Stones and that's our strongest XI.

Ross, Nais and Kev rotating behind Rom is frightening stuff.

From Birmingham mate so it's his local club. Your situation is properly Fooked up though. If thats the case then I guess He's welcome to those bunch of bells then huh?

You said it. He is the personification of what Liverpool are all about, cheating devil lookalike with a goatee that knows.nothing about football.

A few observations:

1) You can't stop Phil Jagielka from scoring. You just can't.

2) Steven Naismith. Slowly turning into a fan favorite. No goals today but worked his socks off.

3) Lukaku. Glad to see him score. He's coming around. Be patient.

4) Coleman & Barkley. My my how we've missed you.

5) Baines. Solid as always.

6) The defense. Great job and a clean sheet.

7) Alcaraz. Take a bow son. Well played. Looking forward to more of that. Tough when you haven't had a run of games to show what you can do.

8) Howard. Nice shut out. Decision making much better today.

All in all, three points, a clean sheet, no injuries, the return of Barkley and Coleman, and Alcaraz showing he can do the business.
So Baines was ''solid'' yet Alcaraz should ''take a bow''?

lol

So Baines was ''solid'' yet Alcaraz should ''take a bow''?

lol

I though Alcaraz looked comfortable because he was completely unpressured. Villa were so lethargic they just failed to close him down when in possession. Excellent game for him to come in, get some minutes and confidence under his belt.

Anyone else surprised how er, well, easy that was? After thinking about it for 24 hours hours now, I still can't make my mind up if they were absolute dross or we're the dogs plods. The latter I'd like to think and you can only beat who you're playing against.

Status
Not open for further replies.