Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm incredibly drunk. @davek was right. Barkley changes how we play fundamentally and we looked a completely different team. Alcaraz was actually pretty decent. Welcome back, Seamus. Jesus, I really thought we looked good, and we were firmly in control for 90 minutes.

A win against Burnley and we are on course for a decent season. Felt so empty after That United game. With Coleman and Barkley on the same pitch the rest of the players had a boost and realised they are kinda world class too ala Baines and Lukaku.

I coulda been supporting that lot. Good job my old man was a proper bell. Very good all round win that. Having Messrs Coleman and Barkley back makes such a difference and Jimmy Mac looked back to his normal self today too. If we can get through the next few weeks now, with a string of wins under our belt, and injured parties returning, I think we'll have a proper season like last year. Shame the start we had but I don't think we've been as bad as some have suggested. Happy bunny anyways. Onwards and upwards now please.

A few observations:

1) You can't stop Phil Jagielka from scoring. You just can't.

2) Steven Naismith. Slowly turning into a fan favorite. No goals today but worked his socks off.

3) Lukaku. Glad to see him score. He's coming around. Be patient.

4) Coleman & Barkley. My my how we've missed you.

5) Baines. Solid as always.

6) The defense. Great job and a clean sheet.

7) Alcaraz. Take a bow son. Well played. Looking forward to more of that. Tough when you haven't had a run of games to show what you can do.

8) Howard. Nice shut out. Decision making much better today.

All in all, three points, a clean sheet, no injuries, the return of Barkley and Coleman, and Alcaraz showing he can do the business.

pleasantly surprised with how well alcaraz and Osman performed today. Howard also looked much better and really the whole squad seemed to be positioned much better defensively today.

overall if we can perform like that on a consistent basis we may be in for a very exciting season. It's been said but the impact of having Barkley back was easy to see.

i think the future looks very bright when you imagine stones, besic, Barkley, and lukaku straight up the middle for hopefully a very long time.

I coulda been supporting that lot. Good job my old man was a proper bell. Very good all round win that. Having Messrs Coleman and Barkley back makes such a difference and Jimmy Mac looked back to his normal self today too. If we can get through the next few weeks now, with a string of wins under our belt, and injured parties returning, I think we'll have a proper season like last year. Shame the start we had but I don't think we've been as bad as some have suggested. Happy bunny anyways. Onwards and upwards now please.

Ha your da supported villa? That's interesting. But what if I told you my da supports Liverpool to spite me, not the other way around. Can you believe that?

Not surprised by Barry & McCarthy are in the top three for our team but am that Osman covered that much ground.
MINS PLD KM MILES

Everton 108.6 67.5

Gareth Barry 90 11.6 7.2
Leon Osman 90 11.6 7.2
James McCarthy 90 10.7 6.6

Aston Villa 108.4 67.3
Ashley Westwood 90 12.2 7.6
Tom Cleverley 90 11.6 7.2
Kieran Richardson 90 10.9 6.8
  • Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the Official Player Rating Index of the Barclays Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.