Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else surprised how er, well, easy that was? After thinking about it for 24 hours hours now, I still can't make my mind up if they were absolute dross or we're the dogs plods. The latter I'd like to think and you can only beat who you're playing against.

They were poor. Very, very poor. We were a little one paced throughout, Barkley aside. Had Ross not played, I genuinely think we'd have struggled to win so comprehensively.

ea89fda6fd6bde28620f6a706700ee7d.jpg

Only just had time to watch the highlights motd. Good performance, more like what we expect. Most shocking point of the game for me, when did Agbonlahore get so old, fat and bald? He looks like he should be playing for a veterans pub team!

FWIW my scores:

Howard - 6 (maybe could have caught a few he elected to punch)
Coleman - 7 (not a rip roaring performance but solid and gave us balance...and a goal)
Baines - 9 (what can you say? made the first half his and built the platform for victory)
Jagielka - 7 (didn't have that much defending to do due to solid defending ahead of him, but 7 by virtue of the goal)
Alcarez - 6 (see above but minus the goal contribution)
Barry - 6 (did what he had to do shackling the likes of Cleverly)
McCarthy 8 (not only snuffed out danger but got a few moves going)
Osman - 5 (despite - apparently - covering more ground than anyone other than Barry, his only moment of worth was the quick free kick)
Naismith - 6 (did a lot of running about)
Barkley - 8 (not by any means in top gear, but still the classiest player on the pitch and inspired the win)
Lukaku - 7 (looked much happier on the ball today and the goal shows where he has to be played - ie, not getting chalk on his boots)

We all need times of inner reflection to become strong mate. He could be one day be so strong that he could go fifteen years without reflection. That strong.

Then he can buy Everton PLC.

That's beautiful, I just hope that Paul can go on to lead us to glory. Be the chairman that we need, not the chairman we deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.