• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 20 year old CB happens to have world class talent.

Agree but with the boss defence we have had in recent years it's come as quite a shock how much we rely on him being played there. CB was the position alongside LB were we had strong cover, now we are an injury away from 3 goals conceding from dustbin

We are a team in transition

Last year more or less he same team played week in week out (exception Naismith/Barkley and end of the year Jags/Stones). It's no coincidence our worst spell of last year (Jan) was when we were suffering a serious injury crisis to people

This year due to Europa league we have more depth and thus more rotation. This is good once it gets sorted but it means we can't replicate immediately the team chemistry brewed under Moyes and reached into fruition with Martinez's excellent attacking play

Moreover we have some very good youth players (Stones/Garbutt/Ledson/Browning) coming through

Today wasn't the best we've played but there was better chemistry. This will grow. I seriously have a lot of hope.

We will not replicate last season this season. But we are buildling for the future. As Martinez said he would

Come on mate, a draw was not a fair result be real. Normally I'd think this was a point well won but the truth is we could've conceded at least 3. We never looked like scoring either.

It's concerning how we are playing and how easy teams are carving us open. With Coleman injured and after Kev went off we don't have any threat.

I for one am not wearing the blue tints, I'm officially bothered by how we are playing.

I said we didn't play particularly well. But the idea that Liverpool had a thousand clear cut chances that they should have buried is ridiculous. We sat deep today because, as shown, Liverpool have trouble breaking teams down. We did so in the hope that Mirallas/McGeady, Naismith and Lukaku could hurt them on the counter... which they never, hence a not so great performance.

They might have had like a billion shots on target, but it means feck all when most of them were blocked or just digs from outside the box.

Liverpool's performance didn't warrant a victory, neither did ours, ergo draw was fair.

I'm still recovering from that game! I must have drunk my body weight in real ale and cider today. My wife has been a superstar. I thank her greatly for giving me our daughter and Everton - two of the greatest gifts a man could ask for. I've asked her a few times if she would ever fancy moving back across to Walton and now, finally, she is considering it...

I'd love to relocate, lids. I really would. Getting to every home game? That would be amazing. I'm sat in the spare room now, supping another cider and absolutely enraptured, waiting for MOTD.

That was an amazing day, with an amazing set of circumstances. I went out with the wife and two Everton fans from nearby. We started off at the pub, watching the game. The beer was flowing until we went 1-0 down. After that, Jags stepped up...and our glasses were scattered across the floor as I leaped up and went mental. The Kopites in the pub shuffled on a few minutes after FT and we continued to drink on into the afternoon. We visited a few other pubs and had a cracking time overall.

Got back in the house about 6pm and the lads went home. Me and the wife have just been smiling all evening and we've been chatting about moving to Walton, as I say...I'm bang into the idea.

I'd love to get in amongst it and be a true blue...

Here's hoping.

What a day.

What a team.

I'm in love and always will be.

I'm still recovering from that game! I must have drunk my body weight in real ale and cider today. My wife has been a superstar. I thank her greatly for giving me our daughter and Everton - two of the greatest gifts a man could ask for. I've asked her a few times if she would ever fancy moving back across to Walton and now, finally, she is considering it...

I'd love to relocate, lids. I really would. Getting to every home game? That would be amazing. I'm sat in the spare room now, supping another cider and absolutely enraptured, waiting for MOTD.

That was an amazing day, with an amazing set of circumstances. I went out with the wife and two Everton fans from nearby. We started off at the pub, watching the game. The beer was flowing until we went 1-0 down. After that, Jags stepped up...and our glasses were scattered across the floor as I leaped up and went mental. The Kopites in the pub shuffled on a few minutes after FT and we continued to drink on into the afternoon. We visited a few other pubs and had a cracking time overall.

Got back in the house about 6pm and the lads went home. Me and the wife have just been smiling all evening and we've been chatting about moving to Walton, as I say...I'm bang into the idea.

I'd love to get in amongst it and be a true blue...

Here's hoping.

What a day.

What a team.

I'm in love and always will be.

I love you man!

Think Browning has given me a glimmer of hope we may not be as bad as we suspect at the back.

He should certainly be ahead of Hibbert.

I keep saying it because its true

But you don't know if it's "true".

This is reverse knee jerking.

Browning looked good in a fifteen minute cameo today against a tiring defence.

I liked what I saw just like everyone else but let's keep some perspective and give the lid a chance.

As things stand Tony is our no. 1 cover for Seamus and that's the way it should be.

By all means give the youngster a go in Russia but if Seamus is still unfit next Sunday, I am sure Roberto will start with Tony at RB.

I liked what I saw just like everyone else but let's keep some perspective and give the lid a chance.

As things stand Tony is our no. 1 cover for Seamus and that's the way it should be.

By all means give the youngster a go in Russia but if Seamus is still unfit next Sunday, I am sure Roberto will start with Tony at RB.

I kinda see your point, but I also kinda think that's a Moyles way of thinking.

Reverse knee jerking?

What? :yellow:

Hibbert shouldn't even be the reserve kit man.

There is no way he should be ahead of Browning. Its incompetent to put someone like him in the rb spot and expect him to perform when he has zero ability.

Reverse knee jerking?

What? :yellow:

Hibbert shouldn't even be the reserve kit man.

There is no way he should be ahead of Browning. Its incompetent to put someone like him in the rb spot and expect him to perform when he has zero ability.

Nonsense.

I for one wouldn't think a young lad with quarter of an hour's EPL experience is better cover for Seamus than a seasoned pro who has served the club well over a decade and more.

This is just a silly non point made for the sake of it.

You knows and I know and thankfully and more importantly Roberto Martinez knows we need experience rather than potential in that position.

Now be'ave and go say a prayer that Seamus is fit for next week thus rendering this silly "debate" moot.

Happen it is.

But it also appears to be the Martinez way of thinking as well, seeing he has put Tony in the RB position ahead of Ty in the last two games :)

Yeah. I'm not calling it right or wrong.

I just think it's so massively refreshing having a manager who is willing to give the kids a chance. If Browning continues to impress, there is no reason Hibbo should see the pitch. He is so incredibly limited in what he can do. We play a system with wingbacks...he ain't a wingback.

Status
Not open for further replies.