• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you are looking at the negatives.

Lukaku missed a great chance and should have had a penalty. Baines was through and only had to cut it back for a tap in. We had more possession away from home. Apart from the two Balotelli chances they created nothing and scored from a free kick Howard should have saved.

We where away from home and a draw was a fair and decent result. What we needed to make sure didn't happen was that we a) where hammered b) conceded alot of goals given the media pressure on our defense. Even if Jags didn't score it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

This.

We weren't great, neither were they. A draw was about right.

Seemed to me the only "tactic" we had going forward especially after Kev and his paper hamstrings went down was to get the ball and try to launch something to Rom. Clearly those were the instructions given by Martinez. He's a great outlet but not on the right and not all the time. Hopefully Martinez now knows to get rid of his silliness and play Rom through the middle. Also, how class does Eto'o look every time he comes on? Would like to see the pair of them play up front together for more than 10 minutes at some point. Bring back the 4-4-2!

Would also like to see Besic and McCarthy run the midfield for a bit without Barry. That's the future, but it could also be the present. Liked what I saw from Besic for the most part today.
We've played 4-4-2 all season unless you think Naismith is a midfielder. It's why we've been conceeding loads of goals.

We do need to step up in future games, but its worth remembering that we had practically zero creative players on the pitch today. The bloke who should've been finishing the chances was working the flanks, and the striker got none. We can only improve as the season goes on and defensively we were much better today.

I think another winger has to be a priority though. For me, If you think of Mirallas, Barkley and Lukaku as 3 of the front 4, that fourth spot needs improving on massively. Pienaar is solid and keeps possession, McGeady might score a cracker but is frustrating, and Atsu, well time will tell but I have my doubts.

LIMBS

Image%202014-09-27%20at%209.09.25%20pm.png

We've played 4-4-2 all season unless you think Naismith is a midfielder. It's why we've been conceeding loads of goals.

Withdrawn forward/CAM. It's more a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 for me. All semantics really, but hes' not really a out and out striker, is he? And I'd say we've been leaking goals because Jags and Distin forgot how to play footy when they're on the pitch together.

My bitter and terribly biased RS mate said "both teams should be embarrassed there, both were crap".

I didn't get to watch the game but hardly sounds like they battered us. And about time we had some luck in the derby.

Jags though lad. GTFI.

His arms were above his head, not a natural position, it was a penalty. A blatant penalty and you would scream from the roof tops if gerrard did it in the other area. Be real ffs.

Christ mate, we get it. We're cack! Yeah we were poor, but how poor were they to not beat us then? A team with Hibbo starting at rb after 600 odd days since his last game. A point at Anfield is decent cos we usually get smashed. Most on here are trying to take some plusses from this and see the positive side. You really are putting me on a downer. Rejoice in Hot Shot Jags' goal. Rejoice that they're bloody awful too. Rejoice in a point that many before the game weren't expecting, and finally, take a bloody Prozac...:dance:

This.

We weren't great, neither were they. A draw was about right.

Come on mate, a draw was not a fair result be real. Normally I'd think this was a point well won but the truth is we could've conceded at least 3. We never looked like scoring either.

It's concerning how we are playing and how easy teams are carving us open. With Coleman injured and after Kev went off we don't have any threat.

I for one am not wearing the blue tints, I'm officially bothered by how we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.