• Everton

Votes: 146 39.7%
  • No one

Votes: 79 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree Balotelli should've scored 3 on his own, Howard kept us in it today, thankfully he had one of his better days.

Sorry but we were under the cosh for a good portion of that game...maybe blame Barry for being booked so early.

Excuses are over and done with now. We are being found out all over the park, It's painful to watch. We have the players but they are not performing.

I'm fuming, really fuming for the first time. We have Utd at OT next week I can't see a stop to the rot. :rant:

Good grief. If our attacking play is being 'found out' then what must the other 18 teams in the league who have scored fewer goals thanks he thinking?

TBF, that's not what was happening today. They didn't unlock us more than a couple of times in the whole match (and one of them was from a suicidal pass from, I think, Besic).

I am concerned though how we dont defend from the front. We invite teams over the half way line as a group and back off. casually waiting for the opposition to make an error isnt ideal. There is virtually no pressing from our forwards and the opposition are given far too much time to stride forward and create options.

Some of our play off the ball is worrying. We were a goal down and around the 75th minute Sterling had the ball near our left corner flag (as seen on tv). McCarthy was closest to him but couldnt press because if he did, he knew he would be done with a one-two... he asked for help from lukaku, who eventually came; but sterling stood with the ball for maybe 15 seconds.... motionless.... we were 1-0 down.

Some of our off the ball positioning and footballing brain is very worrying. Yes that came to nothing and Liverpool, thankfully were equally wank and so it seems fine but its these little things that get to me.

No Del West Brom pummelled us the first half, We 'dominated' passing around in our own half for 15 mins against Palace then Bolasie tore us a new one, Wolfsburg was a freak result they battered us at home.

FFS will people not wake up and watch what is happening!!!!

No attacking threat you said

How have we scored all these goals then?

Good grief. If our attacking play is being 'found out' then what must the other 18 teams in the league who have scored fewer goals thanks he thinking?

current form mate, current form.

We started off scoring for fun, conceding at the same rate, all of a sudden our goals aren't so fluid but we are still conceding.

Look I'm annoyed and emotional and pissed off about this last week of our footballing calender. If it's been fun for you, fair play.

We didn't deserve a point, not in the slightest. They had a lot of clear cut chances, lady luck shined our way today.

Boo freakity hooo.... how many times have they had jammy deflections, shocking decisions or dodgy pennos go their way? I don't care, I really don't. I'm just sitting here grinning and thinking of those peed off plastics making the long journey back to Berkshire (or wherever!) and moping about two points dropped.

Was anyone moaning when Cahill got that last ditch equaliser (the overhead kick) against Chelsea in 2007? Our first effort on goal in the dying seconds after Chelsea had bombarded us with about 95% possession, yet people were going on about what a spirited performance it was!

What about the other times we've drawn at Anfield since 1999 - have we ever had more possession than them?

Just think back - The clat derby, Distin's disallowed goal in May 2013 (remember that? perfectly legit so a 1-0 win at Anfield in my book!) Rodwell's red in 2011, the Yobo OG in 2009 (against anyone else it goes over for a corner!), Gerrard not walking in 2002 when he tried to castrate Naysmith, the MCALLISTER FREE KICK IN 2001 FOR GOD'S SAKE.... GARY FLAMING MCALLISTER IN THE LAST SECONDS! Graham Poll blowing up early the year before when Hutch scored a perfectly legit goal with his backside...

And just in general, Gerrard's annoying habit of getting in the ref's face.... when that geezer retires we'll have them, by which point McCarthy will have gone into full on barsteward mode and be our captain. If they don't get a Champion's League spot then I can imagine Sterling buggering off to City and Sturridge going to Chelsea once Drogba retires. They will be nothing after that. Nothing.

I could go on. Before today I can think of one example where we really got lucky, when Gerrard missed a sitter in the AJ derby at 1-0. Today the RS couldn't clear their lines and Jags scored, simples!

The only real bit of luck we had today was Barry staying on, but if lady luck REALLY had been shining on us then that free kick to them would never have been.

No attacking threat you said

How have we scored all these goals then?

Christ on a bike, should we lose every game 2-3 or 3-4 but doesn't matter because we are scoring goals. get a grip ffs.

You know what, it's ok to question the team and performances. do it you might feel better.

Sick and tired of people saying it's knee jerk...No it's not we are playing [Poor language removed] very [Poor language removed]!!!!!!!!

Boo freakity hooo.... how many times have they had jammy deflections, shocking decisions or dodgy pennos go their way? I don't care, I really don't. I'm just sitting here grinning and thinking of those peed off plastics making the long journey back to Berkshire (or wherever!) and moping about two points dropped.

Was anyone moaning when Cahill got that last ditch equaliser (the overhead kick) against Chelsea in 2007? Our first effort on goal in the dying seconds after Chelsea had bombarded us with about 95% possession, yet people were going on about what a spirited performance it was!

What about the other times we've drawn at Anfield since 1999 - have we ever had more possession than them?

Just think back - The clat derby, Distin's disallowed goal in May 2013 (remember that? perfectly legit so a 1-0 win at Anfield in my book!) Rodwell's red in 2011, the Yobo OG in 2009 (against anyone else it goes over for a corner!), Gerrard not walking in 2002 when he tried to castrate Naysmith, the MCALLISTER FREE KICK IN 2001 FOR GOD'S SAKE.... GARY FLAMING MCALLISTER IN THE LAST SECONDS! Graham Poll blowing up early the year before when Hutch scored a perfectly lefit goal with his backside...

And just in general, Gerrard's annoying habit of getting in the ref's face.... when that geezer retires we'll have them, by which point McCarthy will have gone into full on barsteward mode and be our captain. If they don't get a Champion's League spot then I can imagine Sterling buggering off to City and Sturridge going to Chelsea once Drogba retires. They will be nothing after that. Nothing.

I could go on. Before today I can think of one example where we really got lucky, when Gerrard missed a sitter in the AJ derby at 1-0. Today the RS couldn't clear their lines and Jags scored, simples!

The only real bit of luck we had today was Barry staying on, but if lady luck REALLY had been shining on us then that free kick to them would never have been.

Oh i'm out of here, all is rosie, we are great we have no faults...Koff

We started off scoring for fun, conceding at the same rate, all of a sudden our goals aren't so fluid but we are still conceding.

Look I'm annoyed and emotional and pissed off about this last week of our footballing calender. If it's been fun for you, fair play.
We've played six league games, so which are you counting as current? The last one, two, three? Fair enough to criticise the defence, but to knock our attacking this season is mind blowing; we have goals from all over the pitch and (league cup aside) have been scoring goals for fun.

Christ on a bike, should we lose every game 2-3 or 3-4 but doesn't matter because we are scoring goals. get a grip ffs.

You know what, it's ok to question the team and performances. do it you might feel better.

Sick and tired of people saying it's knee jerk...No it's not we are playing [Poor language removed] very [Poor language removed]!!!!!!!!

What exact point are you trying to make?

On second thoughts, don't bother answering.

You are complaining for complaining's own sake.

Erm hang on soft lad, Answer the question

You said we have " no creativity" yet have a goal scoring record only beaten by Chelsea, How is your statement correct?

Pretty much everyone has acknowledged we have problems at the back, and even the DM positions haven't been working as well as last season. It's the bit about you saying we have no creativity when we have scored a ton of goals that people take exception to.

Last 4 games we have scored 7 goals

NO CREATIVITY LADS

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.