so the defence then.

Who is at fault?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They deserve a bit more time to sort themselves out, but there needs to be a massive collective improvement.

As much as I don't really want to call Besic, that piece of defending was symptomatic of our season - lazy and careless. It needs stamping out and quickly.

that backheel flick by besic was one of the absolute most boneheaded decisions of this game. Jags and Distin were at the heart of an absolutely abysmal defence. I wasnt excited about the signing of barry in the first place and this game solidified my stance. We should've gone younger. We had options: Hunt(for free), Rodwell, Song, etc. I say we give ledson a run during the capital cup game. I want to see 3 at the back sometime soon. Eto'o, mirallas, naismith, or osman playing off of lukaku. We need a spark. That defensive display today was hard to swallow

The thing with Martinez is you'll always get a leaky defence. It was the same at Wigan. Pretty football, awful defence.

But it's not all doom & gloom - you just lost to the champions elect. We'll probably concede 6 against them as well!

What happened to our interest in souttar? We need to start getting some more young guns in to be ready. We need to look to the future, we should have made more moves when the window opened.

2013-2014_Alderweireld_01.png

Well. Get better players.

I love all of our players, but cheering and positive thinking won't make them better.

Distin is a incredible man. So is Jags. But Chelsea are going to win it this season in my opinion, and if we want to realistically compete in this "entertainment" we quite simply need better players.

Save the player insults and pointless fume and be honest. Whether we can be be shrewd or frivolous in the final days of the transfer window will determine if this is going to happen.

Love you all.

Defenders are shocking, Central defender is a must. Two aging center halves needs to be addressed.

Jagielka isn't the same player, he isn't a proper captain either.

Get Van Dijk in.

I used to love Jagielka as a player but you're right, he's regressed so much. Dystin turns like a lorry as well - doesn't suit Martinez's style of football.

Were unlucky with the two deflections, the cock up and the offside but despite all that unluckiness, there was definately some poor defending mixed which helped to cause the goals.
  • First goal Jags is too slow in stepping up. Puts Costa onside.
  • Second goal is offside, but Baines needs to step up quicker
  • Third goal the deflection is desperately unlucky from Coleman. Not much that could have been done better here, looked as though Maccas legs had gone.
  • Fourth goal unfortunate deflection leaves Howard stuck in no mans land. Never should have been allowed the space to shoot in the first place, closing down was atrocious
  • Fifth goal, tracking and marking from Macca and Barry atrocious, Baines stuck in no mans land.
  • Sixth goal, poor mistake from Besic. Jags and Distin nowhere to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.