Our chances of Champions League football next year?

Champions League, havin' a laugh?

• Yes, we'll do them all.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • No, it's a step too far.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Europa or bust

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Pan con queso?

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, I'd back us to finish above Spurs (provided Roberto gets the players in he wants - if he doesn't we'll finish 7th).

Liverpool could go either way depending on who they bring in and how it all beds in.

Arsenal have retained basically the same squad that finished above us last season but added a world class player to it.

Chelsea and Man City will finish light years above us.

Man Utd will be much better than last season.

Right at this moment, I'd say 4th would be vaguely possible if it goes wrong for Liverpool and United don't click under Van Gall (I see this as unlikely). More realistically, I'd say 5th would probably be the best we could do.

Still, you never know. The only things I'd put my house on would be that Chelsea and Man City finish above us, with a lot of luck (not something we're usually the recipients of much of), anything else could theoretically happen.

I'd put the league like this next year.

Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Tottenham
Everton
agreed, man utd will be a lot stronger next year, so will chelsea with their new signings. Spurs probably will have the edge over us with their new manager and I can't see the RS being too far from 4th.

I expect Utd and Arsenal to be better than last year
Liverpool and Spurs to be worse

However, if we don't sign a good striker, a pacy winger and at least 3-4 more bodies, we will struggle to impact the top 6
Can't see Spurs being any worse than they were last season. Apart from that I think your post is spot on

It all depends on how likely a targeted outbreak of the ebola is amongst Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Spurs and Chelsea. If that can happen, we might even well win the league.

Statto seems to think they're really good

Screen_Shot_2014_07_21_at_9_14_31_AM.png

We can win the league, League Cup, FA Cup and the Europa League until it's mathematically impossible.

Have a bit of optimism, eh.

we had an amazing last season, yet were 7 points off the pace. I know we could say "if only we would have beaten palace, west brom, cardiff, norwich" e.t.c., but realistically it would require an even greater effort than last season, as man utd will be back in the mix.

we had an amazing last season, yet were 7 points off the pace. I know we could say "if only we would have beaten palace, west brom, cardiff, norwich" e.t.c., but realistically it would require an even greater effort than last season, as man utd will be back in the mix.

We beat some teams perhaps we shouldn't and we lost to some teams we shouldn't of too.

I think I agree with Mikey in so far as we need to be immaculate and really tighten up on those odd few goals we gifted teams.
Defending against set pieces was pretty awful last season, I think that needs addressing.

Can't see us making Champions League. It would require a perfect season, with literally no slip ups

Arsenal didn't win 14 games last year and that got them a much higher points total than you unusually need for 4th.

We didn't win 17 games which was 3 too many.

So realistically what it would require is no more than 14 slip ups.

With the current squad - absolutely zero.

We have no striker who will get us even 10 goals.

With the current squad we'll be fighting for 8/9 position.

If we add a top striker plus one or two others that could transform to a top four push.
We have 2 actually but we need a 15-20 one to get CL.

Arsenal didn't win 14 games last year and that got them a much higher points total than you unusually need for 4th.

We didn't win 17 games which was 3 too many.

So realistically what it would require is no more than 14 slip ups.

That's assuming that the form book is the same as last season. Take out the guaranteed 6 pointer with United and take into account that teams like Sunderland are looking to strengthen and it will probably give us less wiggle room

Status
Not open for further replies.