Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL of them!!!

Because if we actually spend big money on a big player there will be a big show of intent to back Bobby with what we need to kick on, not just try to be a top 7 club and think that's ok... it might actually finally happen!!
Curb your enthusiasm...please.

Because if we actually spend big money on a big player there will be a big show of intent to back Bobby with what we need to kick on, not just try to be a top 7 club and think that's ok... it might actually finally happen!!

Sadly 'might' is the word that worries me.

Lukaku hasn't said once he'd like to join us and has spoken on many occasion that he wants to play in the champions league.

People saying he loves the club are just judging on hollow gestures. Which mean naff all at the end of the day

I've seen enough football to know that the actions of players on the pitch often mean little

Sadly this is true.

I'm sure his celebrations after scoring for the Baggies were very similar. He's a young lad, ambitious and will do what he thinks is right for him at this stage in his career. As it happens I think Everton, Martinez and Lukaku is a perfect tri-something-or-other at this time and, if he signs, we'll grow together. If that happens his love for the all things Evertonian may grow, but at the moment, he just fancies us a bit, likes the idea of something hot and sweaty, but doesn't necessarily want to spend the rest of his life with us.

We need Lukaku more than most seem to realise or be willing to accept.

Maybe.

But there are other options. Took me a while to realise it like.

Bony is one. And maybe Bacca too.

I don't like necessarily being so reliant on one player joining us to make or break the season.

The position is vital to get sorted no question though.

Sadly this is true.

I'm sure his celebrations after scoring for the Baggies were very similar. He's a young lad, ambitious and will do what he thinks is right for him at this stage in his career. As it happens I think Everton, Martinez and Lukaku is a perfect tri-something-or-other at this time and, if he signs, we'll grow together. If that happens his love for the all things Evertonian may grow, but at the moment, he just fancies us a bit, likes the idea of something hot and sweaty, but doesn't necessarily want to spend the rest of his life with us.

Just call it a threesome and be done with it God damn it.

Im so confused by this whole thing.

A lot of us are pinning out hopes on Everton getting Lukaku. Which is fine.

But it's going to cost money that we have never ever spent before, add to that his wages which I'm guessing are super high.

It's just all a bit confusing.
I agree. There are both plusses and minus' to signing Lukaku for me. On one hand he would be a terrific signing for us, quality striker who guarantees goals.

On the other hand, spending 20-25 million on him would almost certainly mean no other decent money buys.

Not sure whether I'd prefer all out for Lukaku, or try and find a cheaper alternative (as long as it's not Ba) and then spend on another couple of quality additions.

A lot of us are pinning out hopes on Everton getting Lukaku. Which is fine.

But it's going to cost money that we have never ever spent before, add to that his wages which I'm guessing are super high.

I read in the guardian that though we're keen, Chelsea will only sell if they get a big offer, otherwise they will be happy to extend his contract to protect their investment and probably send him on loan again. I think this is the most likely scenario of us having him again, and I don't think Chelsea will sell for less than £25mish. Hopefully there won't be a Champions League club who want him on loan, because if there is, he may not choose us.

You are like an Evertonian Kopite, deluded.

I don't think it's too deluded to think we can finish above United and Spurs to be honest mate. Then you have Liberpewl who have lost their best player and Arsenal who we played off the park last season. Has Roberto not touched you yet. Eh.

I don't think it's too deluded to think we can finish above United and Spurs to be honest mate. Then you have Liberpewl who have lost their best player and Arsenal who we played off the park last season. Has Roberto not touched you yet. Eh.
tbf he said all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.