Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

But there are other options. Took me a while to realise it like.

Bony is one. And maybe Bacca too.

I don't like necessarily being so reliant on one player joining us to make or break the season.

The position is vital to get sorted no question though.

Either way, you're spending a lot of money for guaranteed goals.

Bony isn't gonna be cheap for eg. Would be upwards of £15million. And his sell on value wouldn't be anywhere near Lukaku's.

It's unknown territory for us. Spending lots on genuine talent especially on an area we've struggled to get right for years

Loaning him would be great. It would allow us to strengthen everywhere else in the squad, perhaps even buy a striker whilst loaning him again, then next summer make him our priority when he'd be going into his last year with Chelsea.

Makes sense.

I think my head is thinking that if we can nab him on loan again, then we can spend the money elsewhere (if there is any).
Yeah if there is any, everyone seems to assume we have 20/25/30 million, where has this figure come from we never have this to spend especially without selling first, really hope we do though

So @FTY and @Zodiak2 you'd be happy spending big on Lukaku and making him ours but having pretty much nothing left for elsewhere?

That's the $64,000 question .......... but Martinez has shown adept in the loan market so buying Lukaku makes sense even if there is little to spend elsewhere. Lukaku is guaranteed goals - which we haven't had a lot of recently

That's the $64,000 question .......... but Martinez has shown adept in the loan market so buying Lukaku makes sense even if there is little to spend elsewhere. Lukaku is guaranteed goals - which we haven't had a lot of recently

Make the rest up in loans and frees maybe?

So @FTY and @Zodiak2 you'd be happy spending big on Lukaku and making him ours but having pretty much nothing left for elsewhere?
Yerp.

We can bag everyone else on loan.

After a main striker Lukaku, all we need is a centre mid which we can get on loan from somewhere, a winger..likewise, Barry, and another striker (Traore).

It's not ideal obviously but this summer will be our only chance to get Lukaku, everyone else we can sort next year.

Yerp.

We can bag everyone else on loan.

After a main striker Lukaku, all we need is a centre mid which we can get on loan from somewhere, a winger..likewise, Barry, and another striker (Traore).

It's not ideal obviously but this summer will be our only chance to get Lukaku, everyone else we can sort next year.
Traore is back in training with Monaco. Don't know if it means anything but he's there.

I'd be made up but still don't think wel get him - never have to be honest! He's the best young striker in Europe!

Let's be honest, I've known about him since he was 15 - I'm sure every coach in the world has known for longer and how ace he is/will become!

Let's hope there are miracles!

Status
Not open for further replies.