Hodgson/Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Hodgson is a poor manager and should never have been given the job. I think he knows this tournament is his last chance and that basically he is going at the end of it unless he can provide miracles and actually win it.
He is very much like Moyes in that he won't take a chance on playing the young ones incase it back fires. He would much rather sit back and play on the counter attack instead of going for it but possibly losing in the process, a tactic suited to a relegation scrapping team not the national side.

Roy Hodgson is a poor manager and should never have been given the job. I think he knows this tournament is his last chance and that basically he is going at the end of it unless he can provide miracles and actually win it.
He is very much like Moyes in that he won't take a chance on playing the young ones incase it back fires. He would much rather sit back and play on the counter attack instead of going for it but possibly losing in the process, a tactic suited to a relegation scrapping team not the national side.

You would rather have Arry " Crook " Redknapp instead???

Listen, how many other English managers have we had recently that has managed clubs abroad and also at International level, i think he is far from a poor manager in my view.

I don't think Hodgson is a bad manager as such, I just think the dynamics of the game have changed, fans don't want to watch defensive football anymore. That kind of football has it's place when say battling relegation. It's not for the upper echelons of teams. Fans expect attacking/possession/counter attack whichever but it has to be exciting.

Welcome to last week.

Sheesh people, we went through this last week. Its to lower the media expectations on him. Bobby Robson did the same to Gazza pre Italia 90.

Or would you rather have Roy masterbate while talking about Barkley and saying he is going to win the world cup single handedly.

Doubt he's got the endurance for a three-week tug, like, but yes, I'd like to see that.

Doubt he's got the endurance for a three-week tug, like, but yes, I'd like to see that.

He would have to bring the gimp to fluff for him.

royhodgson1724885c.jpg

Welcome to last week.

Sheesh people, we went through this last week. Its to lower the media expectations on him. Bobby Robson did the same to Gazza pre Italia 90.

Or would you rather have Roy masterbate while talking about Barkley and saying he is going to win the world cup single handedly.

But will Roy have the courage to play Barkley just like Bobby Robson did with Gazza? I'm not so sure, Roy doesn't seem the type to take the bull by the horn. As long as we are not losing, ie 0-0 bore draws, Ross might be picking splinters out of his arse until it's too late against Costa Rica

As already stated on numerous other threads, we are not one of the most popular teams and therefore even if we had a world beater it would be played down or they would find a reason the distance them from Everton such as he was a Liverpool supporter as a kid, or he sees his future elsewhere.

Dont forget, we are the team that had Gary Lineker, but if you ask nobody except Everton supporters seem to remember that, they see him as the Leicester man that went to Barca before ending out at the Spuds.

Does Barkley lose the ball? Yes, like every other player, but does he look awesome running at defences, oooh yes, and if our Woy doesn't see that as an asset then let his Liverpool team win the world cup for us, Bakley will still get a medal and he will be fresh for the coming season.

Isn't it also strange that their has been very little media coverage of Sterlings red card, totally deserved, not alot of contact but intent there. Once again if that was Jags, Baines or Barkley it would be Everton letting the whole of the country down, and hasn't Glen Johnson had a great couple of warm up friendlies, world class.

And they call us bitter - i wonder why?

Hodgson has done literally nothing wrong imo.

The last thing Barkley needs is the media hyping him up to gazz a like levels, we know how that turned out for him.

I know people disagree with this but I think he has a valid point about giving the ball of you, in the heat of the Amazon possession will be vital for England.

I think you'll find though that the player who gave the ball away most v Honduras was Gerrard. His passing in the pre-storm period was absolutely atrocious. Didn't hear Woy having a go at him though.

I know it's mind games and trying to take pressure off Barkley, but does he think it'll work? He's publicly coming out and saying "Sterling is electric, he is the best player ever, better than the love child of Messi and Ronaldo", yet only negative things are coming out of his mouth about Barkley. It's plain to see Barkley makes a huge impact on the England squad, while I don't think Roy will start with him, I think he'll play a part in the Italy game, and rightly so.

I'm just worried that Roy's words are having the opposite effect to what he wants.

I think you'll find though that the player who gave the ball away most v Honduras was Gerrard. His passing in the pre-storm period was absolutely atrocious. Didn't hear Woy having a go at him though.

That's the thing for me, the side doesn't work with Gerrard in it. He's from a different mindset in possession, and he doesn't have the movement of the other midfielders. Hodgson is often a bit odd with his comments, I think like @Christiffa25 said, he picked his side a while back and now he's trying to manage expectations to justify it.

Most WCs are the same, once the first game is out of the way and things happen, team selections tend to change.

That's the thing for me, the side doesn't work with Gerrard in it. He's from a different mindset in possession, and he doesn't have the movement of the other midfielders. Hodgson is often a bit odd with his comments, I think like @Christiffa25 said, he picked his side a while back and now he's trying to manage expectations to justify it.

Most WCs are the same, once the first game is out of the way and things happen, team selections tend to change.

I spoke to some RS 'mates' about Gerrard and how I doubt he'll fit into Englands squad and they laughed at me. Gerrard has been decent this season, but that's because he's been in a very defensive position. I'd rather have Henderson and Whilshere in the center, with Barkley attacking in front (Sterling on the right and Rooney on the left). That way would could very simply take Whilshere/henderson off and instantly go very attacking (Rooney heading more centrally and and sub being a winger).

I spoke to some RS 'mates' about Gerrard and how I doubt he'll fit into Englands squad and they laughed at me. Gerrard has been decent this season, but that's because he's been in a very defensive position. I'd rather have Henderson and Whilshere in the center, with Barkley attacking in front (Sterling on the right and Rooney on the left). That way would could very simply take Whilshere/henderson off and instantly go very attacking (Rooney heading more centrally and and sub being a winger).

I've been thinking similar. I can't see a midfield two of Gerrard and Henderson being able to handle the likes of Spain and Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.