Hodgson/Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMan

Player Valuation: £500k
Site rules state no swearing
I was just wondering why Roy Hodgeson seems to keep saying daft s*** about Barkley. After the friendly last week, he seems to keep knocking barkley's performance. It's annoying as he was praising jones, and Wilshere yet knocking Barkley?. Rooney and Welbeck have been utter garbage and yet we have a young talented player that's probably only gonna see a few minutes over the World Cup.

Because he gives the ball away, the same reason as Moyes who also put him down in the media once. He a kid who been out of the game for 14 months due to bad injury, he will learn the more he plays, its a disgrace that Roy wants him to think about not losing the ball then go for it and see what he can pull out of the rabbit hat.

It was a strange one. I thought maybe he was trying to dampen down the over-reaction in the media - they always do this, big up the next big hope, only to crap on him if he has a disappointing game or two. But then I thought that maybe Hodgson has already decided he's not going to be a starter, and was trying to lower the expectations so he doesn't get slagged for using him as a sub. Who knows, a disappointing first game, and it's possible the team for the 2nd game will look very different. I seem to recall Hoddle doing similar with Owen in 98, bringing him on as a sub in the first game, and then having to start him after that - trying to hoodwink the press that it was his plan all along.

Welcome to last week.

Sheesh people, we went through this last week. Its to lower the media expectations on him. Bobby Robson did the same to Gazza pre Italia 90.

Or would you rather have Roy masterbate while talking about Barkley and saying he is going to win the world cup single handedly.

Ime not buying that. Sterling ain't getting the same backlash, yet a lot of people are raving about him.

Hodgson is loathe to praise Barkley because his plan is to play Rooney and sterling ahead of Ross. Sterling who is younger has been bigged up by Roy at every opportunity, Ross played down at every opportunity. Ross loosing the ball highlighted, other young en's loosing the ball ignored!

I think he picked his team several months ago and will stick to it. Henderson has looked average out of his Liverpool set up, Wiltshire looked a lot better but will be on the bench. Llanna has also looked really average, but as said Roy's already picked him weeks ago!

After Ross comes on against Italy and wins us the game the media will go into a frenzy and like many England WC managers before him will be forced to start the player they only deemed good enough for the bench.

Personally I think it' because Woy's future is quite dependant on this tournament. He wants to go safe and not risk all the exciting youngsters that can do something different (barkley, ox, sterling and lallana etc). Playing down the media hype allows him to justify not starting him and giving him reduced playing time.

Welcome to last week.

Sheesh people, we went through this last week. Its to lower the media expectations on him. Bobby Robson did the same to Gazza pre Italia 90.

Or would you rather have Roy masterbate while talking about Barkley and saying he is going to win the world cup single handedly.

@Moomin has nailed it here.

Half the Everton fans don't even want him playing at all so why are people bothered at all?!

Ime not buying that. Sterling ain't getting the same backlash, yet a lot of people are raving about him.

Sorry mate, but it feels a bit like you're looking at it all with blue tinted specs. Sterling has got some backlash.

But this is about Barkley, as Evertonians we have all seen him be absolutely out of this world. We've also seen him have the most average ineffective games you could imagine. That's not knocking him, he's still young that'll happen.

Personally I think it' because Woy's future is quite dependant on this tournament. He wants to go safe and not risk all the exciting youngsters that can do something different (barkley, ox, sterling and lallana etc). Playing down the media hype allows him to justify not starting him and giving him reduced playing time.

I don't think his future is dependent on this tournament at all.

Even getting there is an achievement. We aren't very good at all mate. But he got a team including Danny Welbeck to the World Cup finals.

England don't lose very often.

Having said that, should we lose badly then of course he'll be under pressure.

Hodgson has done literally nothing wrong imo.

The last thing Barkley needs is the media hyping him up to gazz a like levels, we know how that turned out for him.

I know people disagree with this but I think he has a valid point about giving the ball of you, in the heat of the Amazon possession will be vital for England.

Roy is dissing him intentionally. Typical way for a dinosaur.
3dtrexhead.gif

the most annoying thing about england and the media etc this time round is everyone calling lallana a youngster!! hes 26 ffs, his career is half over.

Status
Not open for further replies.