Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is brilliant. Watch it again. Anybody can throw a boot at a shot and send
it into the net. Watch the way he shuffled his feet to get the technique spot on. Then look at the way Naismith, after laying it off to him, barely 'raised an eyebrow' after it went in ......... Naismith expected Ross to get it on target with that little weighted pass along the floor, from that area of the pitch.

He's great physically and technically but, in the few times that I've seen him, what often lets him down is his decision making. He often gets into great counter attacking situations but seems to panic and make the wrong decision, but add that and this guy could be a real weapon if he isn't one already.
He's a teenager. Bet you didn't even know how how to finger a bird properly at his age. Ross is a boss player in the making. He's done things this season that seasoned professionals could never dream of doing.

The lad is brilliant. Watch it again. Anybody can throw a boot at a shot and send it it into the net. Watch the way he shuffled his feet to get the technique spot on. Then look at the way Naismith, after laying it off to him, barely 'raised an eyebrow' after it went in ......... Naismith expected Ross to get it on target with that little weighted pass along the floor, from that area of the pitch.

It reminded me of Rooney's goal v Arsenal.

He's a teenager. Bet you didn't even know how how to finger a bird properly at his age. Ross is a boss player in the making. He's done things this season that seasoned professionals could never dream of doing.

Fingering birds at 20 was the least of my worries thanks mate.

If you say so. You ere probably throwing a fist up bucket holes. I wasn't even quoting you, so errr..... Bit paranoid about your fingering skills 'mate'?

Just a bit bored on a sunday morning.

20 years old was smashing an Indian geordie. Light skinned sikh girl at uni...was very worried on case her family found out as I was (and still am) white-for the Americans that means caucasian).

Saw her on facebook a year ago openly dating another white fella, a geordie skinhead.

Good for her.

The_Rat said:
The Zimbabwean Dollar

Seen a draft of 10 million dollars before.

Shown to me in Japan by a taiwanese general who wanted 5mil cash for it.

Also seen a letter of guarantee from a swiss bank for over a hundred mil...ex philippine president marcos money apparently.

Both incredibly illegal.

Despite the display today I think Roy will still take Lampard over Barkley - Hodgson is a bit like Moyes in that he likes predictable players and Ross isn't that yet.

He'll save the "flair" players for the wingers but not for the back four (Cole over Shaw, Smalling/Jones over Stones) or midfield.

Prepares to be vaulted and hope I am as would love to see Ross(good or bad) in Brazil.

Despite the display today I think Roy will still take Lampard over Barkley - Hodgson is a bit like Moyes in that he likes predictable players and Ross isn't that yet.

He'll save the "flair" players for the wingers but not for the back four (Cole over Shaw, Smalling/Jones over Stones) or midfield.

Prepares to be vaulted and hope I am as would love to see Ross(good or bad) in Brazil.

So short sighted that...but I would tend to agree with this.

So short sighted that...but I would tend to agree with this.
Can understand Roy's approach for the last Euros as he'd just been dumped in an impossible situation and little time to deal with it.

But given the conditions in Brazil he could have said this world cup was an experimental one and that apart from two/three players he was going to choose a young squad with an eye to Euro 2016 like Germany did several years ago.

It is understandable (the pressure being england manager must be hell) but it will be a shame if he makes the shortsighted choice.

Can understand Roy's approach for the last Euros as he'd just been dumped in an impossible situation and little time to deal with it.

But given the conditions in Brazil he could have said this world cup was an experimental one and that apart from two/three players he was going to choose a young squad with an eye to Euro 2016 like Germany did several years ago.

It is understandable (the pressure being england manager must be hell) but it will be a shame if he makes the shortsighted choice.

I've been saying for a long time that until England decides to look at the long term success of the team and better results, they will continue to be relegated to Quarterfinal finishes in Europe and the WC as a best case scenario.

At some point...and this WC seems like a perfect point...they have to suck it up and play the kids. If they fail to get out of the group, then so be it...it will only help things for 2016 and 2018 getting the kids experience on that level.

England right now are perfectly set up to kinda do what Everton did this season. That mix of massive experience combined with young talented kids coming up. Alas, I don't see the FA seeing the forest through the trees though.

Shame...even as an American, I'd like to see England do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.