• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't get it. RS could still easily win the title even if Man city beat us.

And where does it end, this precedent that yous are setting?

Next season: Liverpool, Chelsea & Man City are the three big favourites for the title. We play Chelsea & Man City twice each. Do we forfeit those games so as to give them a better chance of finishing ahead of the RS? Do we cheer them on when they play us in the hope we can gift them 6 points each?

The other problem to this madness is that we still have an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

Imagine this:

we lose vs Man City, half of you cheer this on. Man City slip up in their next game, RS win their final games. RS win the title. Arsenal lose 1 and draw 1, meaning we could've caught them after all.

We drop down to 6th as we muster only a feeble draw vs Hull, deflated at all these what-might-have-beens.

That's not Everton, that. That's self-inflicted depression. The players are getting wind of this attitude and are publicly having to deny they want anything to do with it. This may affect them come the summer transfer window.

northern soul spelling that our kid

If we lose then Arsenal will play the kids in the next 2 so we would have never known how they would have really done.

We can still get 4th and untill it's mathematically impossible we should play and try to win every game. West Brom away is not an easy game for Arsena, they could slip up, then a home game against a Norwich needing a win isn't a guanteed win.
We need to beat City and hope arsenal slip up

West Brom at home is a piece of piss though.....

If we lose then Arsenal will play the kids in the next 2 so we would have never known how they would have really done.

ok, so because we can't predict the future, we should cheer on the opposition to spite a rival team?

bonkers...

I concede this may play a significant part. Fozzy did a poll on this but it was shut down.

How can you say you'll celebrate every win when you're already not gonna celebrate our win vs Man City this weekend? What if next season our result may damage Liverpool's chances of a top 4 spot, or another title, or whatever. Will you again support our opposition to spite them?

With due respect, I'm not the one talking bollocks.

Again, this is the hogwash, not my posts. See reasoning above. None of you can say you'll 100% be behind the team next season, as you're setting a dangerous precedent for yourselves right now.

Read the next sentence and all your questions will be answered.

My ideal scenario is that we beat City so they can celebrate only for Palace to turn them over.

Palace are going for a top half finish and a chance to finish above Stoke. Pulis isn't going to let them slip up now.

I really hope so, because the worst possible result would be for half of us to cheer Man City beating us, only for them to slip the next game and RS win the title anyway, with us dropping down to 6th.

That would just be depressing on so many levels.

I really hope so, because the worst possible result would be for half of us to cheer Man City beating us, only for them to slip and RS win the title anyway, with us dropping down to 6th.

That would just be depressing on so many levels.

I have changed my mind many time this week as to the outcome. At the moment I am in the wanting us to win camp to cement 5th place.

Might have a bet on Chelsea as well as if my prediction comes true then it's them that will win it.

Sorry but WTF should we do City a favour? They were 1-0 against Arsenal then couldn't be arsed in the 2nd and drew with them and almost lost, at least Lpool tonked them. Why have Arsenal played last 4 games at home, well seems like it

Sorry but WTF should we do City a favour? They were 1-0 against Arsenal then couldn't be arsed in the 2nd and drew with them and almost lost, at least Lpool tonked them. Why have Arsenal played last 4 games at home, well seems like it

Doing City a favour isn't the point, mate...

OpoQQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.