• Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They want us to what, mate?

Ok mate.

There bluddy well is a right answer: that is to support our team to do well and win games.

Lads, "loose" is a word describing the opposite to "tight". Like a loose-fitting t-shirt. Or a loose screw. "loosing" isn't a word. "loosen" is, like to loosen a tie.

"Lose" is the opposite to win, like how some fans want us to lose a very important game just to spite a rival club. "losing" would be used like how we might end up losing a European Place altogether.

Cheers :cheers:
Errrrmmmm mate.

You do realise you have about £30M worth of players out on loan don't you. Liverpool are not as poor as your fans or media like to make out.
It's incredible that they're getting away with claiming to have spent no money.

I wish Everton had £27m to just blow on a goalkeeper and centre back that make the defence worse, or £14m on a midfielder who can't get a game.

All Evertonians are telepathic. That's how we get chosen mate.
8500a2443413a3b9169fd6c7c0c365fd3b93f3eeb3d1075dd810d9393906a2dd.jpg

Although my standpoint is still an Everton win because It always be. However it is sickening the patronising comments and sticking together statements coming from the Shoite.

We can still get 4th and untill it's mathematically impossible we should play and try to win every game. West Brom away is not an easy game for Arsena, they could slip up, then a home game against a Norwich needing a win isn't a guanteed win.
We need to beat City and hope arsenal slip up

I sadly think people forget briefly what liverpool fans are like.

All i've heard all week is "are you doing us a favour this weekend then"

IF we beat city do you really think they'll be pally and be appreciative?

I know for a fact if they win it every single red i know will say "you can come and look at our trophy" "when did you last win something?" "you coming the parade to see winners" etc etc

And it won't stop for years!

Them winning the title boosts their worldwide profile tenfold and marginalises EFC even further as the perceived 2nd club in the city, further reducing our chances of proper investment, attracting better players, etc.

This is about the effect on EVERTON and our future, and not just about rivalry.

This is why it is not wrong to prefer a City win. Bigger picture.

I genuinely don't get it. RS could still easily win the title even if Man city beat us.

And where does it end, this precedent that yous are setting?

Next season: Liverpool, Chelsea & Man City are the three big favourites for the title. We play Chelsea & Man City twice each. Do we forfeit those games so as to give them a better chance of finishing ahead of the RS? Do we cheer them on when they play us in the hope we can gift them 6 points each?

The other problem to this madness is that we still have an outside chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

Imagine this:

we lose vs Man City, half of you cheer this on. Man City slip up in their next game, RS win their final games. RS win the title. Arsenal lose 1 and draw 1, meaning we could've caught them after all.

We drop down to 6th as we muster only a feeble draw vs Hull, deflated at all these what-might-have-beens.

That's not Everton that. That's self-inflicted depression. The players are getting wind of this attitude and are publicly having to deny they want anything to do with it. This may affect them come the summer transfer window.

Errrrmmmm mate.

northern soul spelling that our kid

Status
Not open for further replies.