• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a phone call earlier from a friend of the family whose hubby is a r/s armchair fan and said she doesn't think her hubby will be able to handle it if Everton fail to beat Citeh at the weekend, I told her to prepare for the worst, this could be a weekend our loveable r/s friends will remember for a long time,
must go now, have to practice the Poznan.

Oh and it doesn't make you any less of a fan for not wanting Liverpool to win the league. It's natural, they are your rivals.

You miss the point. None of us want Liverpool to win the league. But only some of you will go so far as to actively not support your own team in an attempt to try to derail Liverpool (even though there's not even a slight guarantee us losing will help anyway).

Very strange. Very.

What's strange about it?

It's all relative though, isn't it (5th or 6th is a very different proposition than 4th or 5th) - rivalry is part of the game, and bragging rights is as much part and parcel of it as supporting your team at the games. What would be the point in United having a nightmare of a season if I couldn't take the piss (finally) at the local pub with their fans (and they'd gladly finish 10th if it meant Liverpool not winning it). I understand both sides, but I don't think it puts somebodies support into dispute because it doesn't agree with your take.

Good post, Dan. Rivalry is part of the game, essential part. But most of us don't take it as far as the ultras...

I think it is very natural for you not to want your rivals to win the league, I certainly don't want Liverpool to win the league.

But I just don't want that to happen at Everton's expense.

You miss the point. None of us want Liverpool to win the league. But only some of you will go so far as to actively not support your own team in an attempt to try to derail Liverpool (even though there's not even a slight guarantee us losing will help anyway).

Are you popcorning here ffs?

Those saying that people not minding a City win are not seeing the bigger picture... it's the exact opposite of that; we are seeing the bigger picture. We're seeing a scenario where those unbearable bar stewards lord it over the city for the next 10 to 50 years, "Captain Fantastic Stevie G getting what he deserved", "Luis Suarez is the new Dalglish", car bumper stickers and full kit winkers wherever you look, all the while hearing YNWA sang badly and with the wrong words all over the place for a year and a day.

In a practical sense, it's stopping Liverpool becoming champions of England and suddenly reigning in talent from all over Europe. It'd set back our rivalry by years. We wouldn't get close to them for a long, long time if they're suddenly moving on from bringing in Aly Cissokho to Edison Cavani or whatever.

Some things are worth sacrificing to prevent every day life becoming a living hell in Merseyside. Rolling over to City knowing we only need a point from Hull away to satisfy our remaining season objective is one of those things every day of the week.

guys guys, by the time we play City, spurs and man utd would have already played. Say spurs lose, and man utd drop points I bet you will be cheering on city like you're Noel Gallagher.

Exactly. Want Everton to pick up the three points against City? Fair enough. No arguments here.

View it the other way as handing Liverpool the title and not wanting that to happen? Outrage.

Not for me. Each to their own.

C'mon City.

Yep, I want us to win, but I'm not gonna argue with people incessantly about it. Couldn't be arsed, tbh. I'm not gonna change anybodys mind, so I find it strange why some (no names mentioned,) think they could or should try to change peoples minds.

Those saying that people not minding a City win are not seeing the bigger picture... it's the exact opposite of that; we are seeing the bigger picture. We're seeing a scenario where those unbearable bar stewards lord it over the city for the next 10 to 50 years, "Captain Fantastic Stevie G getting what he deserved", "Luis Suarez is the new Dalglish", car bumper stickers and full kit winkers wherever you look, all the while hearing YNWA sang badly and with the wrong words all over the place for a year and a day.

In a practical sense, it's stopping Liverpool becoming champions of England and suddenly reigning in talent from all over Europe. It'd set back our rivalry by years. We wouldn't get close to them for a long, long time if they're suddenly moving on from bringing in Aly Cissokho to Edison Cavani or whatever.

Some things are worth sacrificing to prevent every day life becoming a living hell in Merseyside. Rolling over to City knowing we only need a point from Hull away to satisfy our remaining season objective is one of those things every day of the week.

I get this train of thought too.

I don't think I'm going to set an alarm for this game, just sleep through the night, I might explode in mixed emotions!

On a final level, I want - no, need, the lasting image of this season to be this:

10322427_10152097119416452_1783314749880988774_n.png

I'll be honest, I really don't see the big attraction in 5th place... its a bit like trying to be made up that you won £20 on the lottery
dignified, you say? You're having a giggle.

So because we have to rely on Arsenal dropping points we should just give up?

Small-time...

It's a very good place to be an Evertonian. We should take this opportunity to push on. Do our best to beat the two City's, and challenge for the title next season. NSNO.

Top and bottom of it is that if Newcastle had got something out of the game the other night and we had a chance of CL I would want to beat Man City.

The way I seen it was Newcastle get something and Arsenal dropped points against WBA or Norwich would see us get 4th, that ship has sailed Newcastle were a joke.

The odds on us getting 4th are 33/1 vs Arsenal 1/50 in a two horse race... says it all really.

Whatever happens that lot will show their true colours...

We lose to City :- "Typical blue noses, bitter and fail against a big team... small time club"

We beat city:- "ahh yeah I hope they get 4th now, be nice for them, if they don't it will be funny cos they try for 4th by beating our title rivals, fail and still hand us the title - get in"

Status
Not open for further replies.