• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games have we lost away from home in the league vs the bottom 12 this season?

None isn't it?

Yeah but we got beaten by Fulham in the League Cup at Craven Cottage, and we've had a fair few draws and narrow wins against lower down teams away from home.

A defeat against City, and a draw against Hull might not be enough to finish 5th.

I personally always feel more confidant playing big teams at Goodison, than those potential banana skin games away from home, don't you?

On a final level, I want - no, need, the lasting image of this season to be this:

10322427_10152097119416452_1783314749880988774_n.png

Haha, I don't even like referring to the slip. It makes it look like he/they were unfortunate. In reality, it was a piss-poor touch from him, that was likely to set Ba through anyway. He only slipped in desperation caused by his poor control.

Yeah but we got beaten by Fulham in the League Cup at Craven Cottage, and we've had a fair few draws and narrow wins against lower down teams away from home.

A defeat against City, and a draw against Hull might not be enough to finish 5th.

I personally always feel more confidant playing big teams at Goodison, than those potential banana skin games away from home, don't you?

I do, yeah.

But our away form has much improved this year vs teams like Hull and Hull themselves are in pretty bad form, with their focus being on the cup, I think they've lost 4 out of their last 6 home games.

I personally think we're nailed on to get 6 points, as are Arsenal, and spurs and Utd will both fail to get maximum points. And we'll finish 5th with more than a 3 points gap either way.

I might be wrong but I think that the scaremongering that a loss to City could knock us out of the Europa places vastly overestimates all of Hull, Utd and Spurs.

At the moment I think I am seeing some people want to hand the league to Liverpool in reward of 5th place?!

5th or 8th, not bothered, it was 4th for me as the game changer. Now that the risk of that lot clapping TV's in every local pub as defending champions next season with 40 year old beer bellies stretching a red Luis Suarez number 7 shirt sickens me. Half of them will never have set foot in anfield but will make you wish that we never left that place all those years ago

Wanting 5th place and suffering that just to get some joy over beating United and Spurs in their disaster season is of no consolation whatsoever...

What will be will be. All the hand-wringing and holier than thou posturing on here won't make a blind bit of difference to the result or to the views of those who think differently.

We won't throw the game but if we do lose there is a huge consolation prize in knowing it could be one of the final nails in the coffin of the RS's title hopes. Can we stop pretending that being cheered by this thought is somehow wrong-headed?

I don't need anyone else to tell me how I should feel about EFC. Blue vs Blue infighting is more damaging than either viewpoint so I think it's time some people gave it a rest in this thread.

I do, yeah.

But our away form has much improved this year vs teams like Hull and Hull themselves are in pretty bad form, with their focus being on the cup, I think they've lost 4 out of their last 6 home games.

I personally think we're nailed on to get 6 points, as are Arsenal, and spurs and Utd will both fail to get maximum points. And we'll finish 5th with more than a 3 points gap either way.

I might be wrong but I think that the scaremongering that a loss to City could knock us out of the Europa places vastly overestimates all of Hull, Utd and Spurs.

Well I hope you are right and that we do get 6 points, finishing on 75 points would be a phenomenal achievement, and something that we can all be proud of.

I'm not worried about Hull as a football team, I'm more worried about Everton feeling the pressure of needing to win against Hull and then messing it up, as that wouldn't be a first!

I agree that it is probably unlikely that Spurs and Utd will both get maximum points though.

I've just got a horrible gut feeling that Liverpool are gonna win it either way, I've excepted that weeks ago and dealt with it.

Look, it's very VERY simple.

Spurs and United both play before us on Saturday, and both of these games will have a bearing on our final league position. Why don't we ALL stop arguing in this thread until those two results come in? If they go our way, then I for one will abandon my "faux moral high-ground". Because it's not a moral high-ground at all, it's wanting the best result possible for EFC: losses for Spurs and United achieve that aim for EFC.

And I presume EVERYONE will be supporting West Ham and Sunderland?

What will be will be. All the hand-wringing and holier than thou posturing on here won't make a blind bit of difference to the result or to the views of those who think differently.

We won't throw the game but if we do lose there is a huge consolation prize in knowing it could be one of the final nails in the coffin of the RS's title hopes. Can we stop pretending that being cheered by this thought is somehow wrong-headed?

I don't need anyone else to tell me how I should feel about EFC. Blue vs Blue infighting is more damaging than either viewpoint so I think it's time some people gave it a rest in this thread.

I agree with this. I am 38 years of age, the only source of defence that we have had at the mercy of those annoying Red noses is that despite the odd cup here and there the "bread and butter" as shankley called it had eluded them for only a couple of years less than us... it was the only thing that really made them realise that they were living in the past...

If they add the league to the Champions league of 2005 and other cups, then they have recovered their right to give it to us big style - forget the champions league of 2005, they know that was a one off, a freak win against the odds and even then they made out as though they were Barca. If they win the league, thats the one they want - the one they have craved and hated united for - it will be unbearable.

I want City to win, simple as that.

Well I hope you are right and that we do get 6 points, finishing on 75 points would be a phenomenal achievement, and something that we can all be proud of.

I'm not worried about Hull as a football team, I'm more worried about Everton feeling the pressure of needing to win against Hull and then messing it up, as that wouldn't be a first!

I agree that it is probably unlikely that Spurs and Utd will both get maximum points though.

I've just got a horrible gut feeling that Liverpool are gonna win it either way, I've excepted that weeks ago and dealt with it.

Achievement or sign of a very weak league?

Position matters more to me than points, personally. The fact that 7th will end up on a points total that has previously got you 4th surely just means that the bottom 13 are awful.

And honestly if the pressure of needing a point vs Hull to get the Europa is too much for our players and manager we might as well sell them all as they're never going to win us trophies. We need to learn how to win those games if we're going to get back to where we want to be, I trust Martinez to get what we need in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.