Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Distin have to close his Twitter because of some bells. Should be the other way around, they should close theirs. I don't mind what he did today.

how does he even know he was an evertonian, plus what about going up to the fans to thank them for the support but instead giving attention to a troll who will be laughing his head off if he reads this thread.

he applauds the fans every game doesn't he?

exactly. i've never gone near twitter myself, but it would be good to have that regular interaction between fans and sports stars. now, they are looked upon as superstars and as if they are part of a different society. at the end of the day, they're just doing their job and are all human beings at the end of the day.

don't see why distin should leave social networking purely because one "fan" has a dislike to him for some odd reason.

At the end of the day, you're spot on with the rest of this post.

I can't see what Distin has done wrong here. All he's done is proved to the so called fan who said 'there's nothing you can do about it', that indeed there is something he could do about it, if he chose to do so. I don't think for 1 second that milkman was going to web the fan, but could you just imagine the guys face if he seen Distin marching up towards him lol

I can't see what Distin has done wrong here. All he's done is proved to the so called fan who said 'there's nothing you can do about it', that indeed there is something he could do about it, if he chose to do so. I don't think for 1 second that milkman was going to web the fan, but could you just imagine the guys face if he seen Distin marching up towards him lol

What exactly did Distin do? He didn't belt the lad. He didn't even identify him. He made a show of himself though, when he should have been with the lads in the dressing room, celebrating a great win. The lad is probably laughing his tits off at all the attention he is getting.

Trolls are morons, but they exist because fools rise to the bait. Distin has been in the public eye for 20 years now, he should have learnt by now that there will always be clowns out to draw a reaction from him. It's really surprising that Distin at 36 years old is getting bothered by people like this.

What exactly did Distin do? He didn't belt the lad. He didn't even identify him. He made a show of himself though, when he should have been with the lads in the dressing room, celebrating a great win. The lad is probably laughing his tits off at all the attention he is getting.

Trolls are morons, but they exist because fools rise to the bait. Distin has been in the public eye for 20 years now, he should have learnt by now that there will always be clowns out to draw a reaction from him. It's really surprising that Distin at 36 years old is getting bothered by people like this.
I agree that what he has done isn't very professional and he has made himself look a bit of a tit. But if it had been a fan who was sat in the seat number he gave (which, granted it probably wasn't), he's tried to show him that you can't just call people out on twitter and expect to get away with it. Like I said though, I don't for a second think that he would have actually acted on this if he had been able to identify the fan, just hopefully put the keyboard warrior in his place.

Was he not just coming to thank the fans?

Puts a sour spin on the whole thing knowing the back story. Suddenly lot less interested that he came over. What was the point?

Wait, so a fan gives him abuse, then a picture of Distin applauding the fans, which he does most games, no? And then him tweeting back to the fan, basically saying, I don't think you abused me today. So... what exacty has he done wrong here?

Wait, so a fan gives him abuse, then a picture of Distin applauding the fans, which he does most games, no? And then him tweeting back to the fan, basically saying, I don't think you abused me today. So... what exacty has he done wrong here?

Nothing, but he did stand there for a good 2/3 minutes getting everyone confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.