Everton joint-top in league of divers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dholliday

deconstructed rep
Soz for yet another thread, but just wanna hear your thoughts about this.

I find it ridiculous that we somehow manage to be the joint-most punished for diving when we hardly ever do it, and when we do, it's meek and full of apology.

Or am I delusional and this table really does fairly reflect reality?

2013/14 season: booked for diving so far:

Everton = Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley
Man Utd = Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj
Spurs: Andros Townsend
Man City: Micah Richards
Palace: Marouane Chamakh

with Chelsea's Ashley Cole retrospectively guilty of diving. Sauce (scroll down after the C.Ronaldo bit).

What can be learned from this little table of shame, if anything?

Thought the Barkley one was a bit harsh yesterday, he was expecting contact and didn't really appeal for a free kick. Just goes down.
The Baines one was an absolute nailed on penalty if I remember, so it was a bad decision by the ref.

We're relatively new to this diving thing so it's no surprise that as amateurs at this art, we are not as good at getting away with it as other teams.

Soz for yet another thread, but just wanna hear your thoughts about this.

I find it ridiculous that we somehow manage to be the joint-most punished for diving when we hardly ever do it, and when we do, it's meek and full of apology.

Or am I delusional and this table really does fairly reflect reality?

2013/14 season: booked for diving so far:

Everton = Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley
Man Utd = Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj
Spurs: Andros Townsend
Man City: Micah Richards
Palace: Marouane Chamakh

with Chelsea's Ashley Cole retrospectively guilty of diving. Sauce (scroll down after the C.Ronaldo bit).

What can be learned from this little table of shame, if anything?
Only shows that we're just no good at cheating.

Thought the Barkley one was a bit harsh yesterday, he was expecting contact and didn't really appeal for a free kick. Just goes down.
The Baines one was an absolute nailed on penalty if I remember, so it was a bad decision by the ref.

Baines is not that sort of player.

How Suarez or Gerrard aren't on here is telling...and neither would the Man Utd players have been had Dark Lord Ferg still been in charge.

Difference is we as a fan base don't put up with it from our own players. Barkleys dive yesterday was embarrassing.

We don't do it nearly as much as a lot of other teams. There have been times this season, Coleman springs to mind, where it would have been better for the player to take a dive but has stayed on his feet. Surprised baines has been booked for it? He's a very honest player. Even when fouled he doesn't make a meal of it.

Don't think that table is in anyway a fair reflection. We're far too honest sometimes. It makes me proud of who we employ but at times it hinders us.

Have to say that both the dives where Baines and Barkley got rightfully booked for were cringeworthy. Just stop it and leave it to the clubs that make a living out of cheating.
You have to start incorporating some bending of the rules though. It's all well and good being moral bastions but if you aren't getting where you want to be, whilst those that cheat, succeed, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.