Everton joint-top in league of divers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soz for yet another thread, but just wanna hear your thoughts about this.

I find it ridiculous that we somehow manage to be the joint-most punished for diving when we hardly ever do it, and when we do, it's meek and full of apology.

Or am I delusional and this table really does fairly reflect reality?

2013/14 season: booked for diving so far:

Everton = Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley
Man Utd = Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj
Spurs: Andros Townsend
Man City: Micah Richards
Palace: Marouane Chamakh

with Chelsea's Ashley Cole retrospectively guilty of diving. Sauce (scroll down after the C.Ronaldo bit).

What can be learned from this little table of shame, if anything?

A league of five teams?

If you can't beat them, join them. If the referees are making errors and a team can take advantage of that fact, they should do it.

Evra should have been booked today against Cardiff for a minor dive but wasn't. If he had been, and everyone who did similar was booked, it'd be eradicated.

As it is, we should take every advantage. It's a professional sport; diving is a professional advantage. It's no worse than cynically clipping someones heels when a side is breaking at pace and your team is exposed. It's a professional foul, calculated to gain an overall advantage. So be it.

It's a professional sport; diving is a professional advantage. It's no worse than cynically clipping someones heels when a side is breaking at pace and your team is exposed. It's a professional foul, calculated to gain an overall advantage. So be it.

Disagree. Diving (and feigning injury) is a cheating con act which goes against so many moral values. Clipping heels is a snide foul which is almost always spotted and punished anyway. The player takes the punishment as the aim was to stop the player, not getting caught is a rare bonus.

The main aim of diving is to cheat.

"Some lad in the pub said that Martinez is a ****ing whopper and not fit to lace Rodgers boots.

What do other Blues think, is he deluded ?

Here's a **** poll I've just made up and will bump it every day or so...."

(c) DHolliday

"Some lad in the pub said that Martinez is a ****ing whopper and not fit to lace Rodgers boots.

What do other Blues think, is he deluded ?

Here's a **** poll I've just made up and will bump it every day or so...."

(c) DHolliday

Oh dear...you're a bit ruffled. And very far-off in that weird analogy. I don't bump my own threads every day, if ever.

Which threads are you upset by? The Baines poll one? You don't like the fact that half of us think selling him might be good for the team's future?

Or is there another thread grinding your gears? Maybe quoting a mainstream news article and shooting a poll to get a snaphot of what we think is something that annoys you? Why's that?

Oh dear...you're a bit ruffled. And very far-off in that weird analogy. I don't bump my own threads every day, if ever.

Which threads are you upset by? The Baines poll one? You don't like the fact that half of us think selling him might be good for the team's future?

Or is there another thread grinding your gears? Maybe quoting a mainstream news article and shooting a poll to get a snaphot of what we think is something that annoys you? Why's that?

banana:

tumblr_m4in9srVNS1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

A massive amount of you threads are basically "*insert something bad about Everton, factual or pure speculation/garbage* what are your thoughts on this?".

Some of your posts in the threads on your profile also make some very strange reading.

If I was pushed, I would say you are indeed one bad kopite. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.