Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
carey was sacked for finishing 5th - an achievement the everton hierarchy deemed a failure

times have changed sadly, now winning the 7th place trophy earns you a 10 year contract.

Welcome to Glorious Goodison Park Roberto.

You're in for an experience to treasure at the School of Science....let's get right behind the new manager just like we got behind Moyes in his first game against Fulham and his last game at GP.

Bookies have slashed odds on Everton having somebody outside of our own box when the opposition have a corner, but the shrewd punter can help themselves to a nice wedge by doubling up with a massive reduction in Gerrard-esque long balls out of our half and into the Family Enclosure.

Come in and make an impact......finish teams off. Not finishing them off cost us so much in the last two years of DM's reign.

I'm feeling rather optimistic for the next chapter.

no point mate people arnt arsed that we could lose our best players and become simply another mid table sunderland/fulham aslong as we play pretty football

So who we gonna lose then, Felli?. Baines?. At most i think we may lose Felli but thats not guaranteed!. Baines as been talking up Martinez this past week and tbh, i dont think he'll leave anyway and would like to play for Martinez.

So who else will leave and turn us into mid table, possible relegation fodder?!.

The last bit isn't exactly true, he has won more trophy wise than his predecessor
To be fair mate I only care about league form.

Being honest, if we finished next season with an FA Cup win but just about scraped 15/16 place in the league I wouldn't be very thrilled at all.

Martinez has a hard act to follow (moyes) who achieved consistent top 7 finishes on a shoestring budget. However it is not as hard an act as moyes following fergie, who if he doesn't win the league will be classed as a failure. At least Martinez hasn't got that expectation on him, would fans at everton settle for a top 10 place, playing attractive football next season, whilst the players adapt to his new methods. It is a bit like Rodgers at the RS, even though on paper they don't look to have improved due to their league position, many of their fans can see this season has been one of adaptation, to play to Rodgers systems. The fans here will give Martinez their full support, if they see progression in our football, if not our league position.

Looks like the saga is over.

At first I was pretty set against Roberto. I thought he was a pretty nice chap, who try's to do thing the right way... Youth development, playing a decent brand of football etc. However, as well as getting Wigan relegated this year, I also worried that being a "nice guy" could be his downfall at the blues. As well as being the School of Science and the Merseyside Millionaires, there has always been a certain gritty edge to Everton, a toughness and ambition that I didn't think Roberto would quite get or embody. (I also wanted TPG because he's won leagues and is sexy)

After a little more reflection and a closer look at the guy I have almost changed my mind. I think the level of ambition he has shown to go from third rate footballer to drag a team like Wigan to an FA cup win and to totally revolutionise Swansea all before the age of 40 is remarkable. In think/hope that under the nice guy persona there is a ruthless competitive edge that he will need to succeed here. He is more qualified than DM was when he took over and I am becoming more confident that he can repeat DM success. Moyes took us from perennial relegation candidates to solid top 6 side. Here's hoping RM can take us from top 6 side to top consistent top 4 side in the next 5-10 years.

IRWT?

Welcome to Glorious Goodison Park Roberto.

You're in for an experience to treasure at the School of Science....let's get right behind the new manager just like we got behind Moyes in his first game against Fulham and his last game at GP.

Bookies have slashed odds on Everton having somebody outside of our own box when the opposition have a corner, but the shrewd punter can help themselves to a nice wedge by doubling up with a massive reduction in Gerrard-esque long balls out of our half and into the Family Enclosure.

Come in and make an impact......finish teams off. Not finishing them off cost us so much in the last two years of DM's reign.

I'm feeling rather optimistic for the next chapter.

I don't want to upset you but wigan also pulled everyone back for a corner.

Didn't he also tell Whelan that he didn't think he was the right man for taking Wigan back into the PL? What makes him think he can take Everton back into the CL then??

Poor choice of words.

Didn't he also tell Whelan that he didn't think he was the right man for taking Wigan back into the PL? What makes him think he can take Everton back into the CL then??

Poor choice of words.

Did you know Whelan once broke his leg mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.