Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people entertaining the thought of Benitez as manager? The mere thought of him coming anywhere near this club sickens me. It's as though people are willing to forego everything Everton supposedly stands for in a small time attempt to wind up Liverpool fans. Get a grip.

This x 1000!!!

I agree, we need a manager with a proven record at spending money carefully like Rafael.

haha, i ****ing hate him tbh. I'd finf it hard to warm to him if he even won the league for us. Anyway, he thinks he's too big for us regardless of whether we'd be interested, why are people discussing it?

Take a look at what Martin O'Neill has done at Sunderland and Villa. Spent plenty of money and left both clubs up s**t creek.

No thanks.

Massively this.

Two League Cups with Leicester 15 years ago, a European final with Celtic 10 years ago.

His peak was exactly that - 10/15 years ago. As Brennan said, couldn't hack it at Villa when Lerner pulled the plug on his spending, and failed utterly miserably at Sunderland despite being well-backed financially.

The more I think about it the more Benitez makes sense.

There's already a half decent squad in place assembled by someone else which he could possibly win something with and take the credit for as he's done everywhere else and he's already got the excuse of "the board wouldn't back me" in place for when he leaves under a cloud. He's also already used to being hated by his own fans.

Take a look at what Martin O'Neill has done at Sunderland and Villa. Spent plenty of money and left both clubs up s**t creek.

No thanks.

I love the way you keep tearing apart managers who've actually won stuff but you thought the clueless and potless Moyes was the dogs gonads.

No I never have. I criticised him for his lack of boldness when the moment came for it. That's a distinction I dont expect you to understand though.

Keep up the ad hominem attacks lad.

Let it be known for the record that Davek would be happy with a manager who plays defensive football and was sacked or resigned from his last three positions.

Why are people entertaining the thought of Benitez as manager? The mere thought of him coming anywhere near this club sickens me. It's as though people are willing to forego everything Everton supposedly stands for in a small time attempt to wind up Liverpool fans. Get a grip.

If you really think it's about winding up the ****e you are mistaken.

I love the way you keep tearing apart managers who've actually won stuff but you thought the clueless and potless Moyes was the dogs gonads.

lol

Martin O'Neill spent £20m net at Sunderland and left them in the s**t. Before that he spent about £200m at Villa and again, left them in the s**t.

But apparently because he won a couple of league cups he'd be boss for us. Brilliant.

In O'Neill's case his peak was 15 years ago when he won 2 League Cups with Leicester. Not won anything since unless you value Scottish cups (in which case we already tried that with Smith).

O'Neill showed his worth at Villa (failing despite having more money) and nearly relegating Sunderland (despite having tons more money than Everton).

Status
Not open for further replies.