Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was between looney Lennon and Benitez then I will forget the little club jibes. I don't want Lennon and he is the current favourite... :(

Exactly the way I'm thinking really. Was against Martinez at first but have been warming to him more and more as the hours go on. Think he would keep the traditions of our club ticking along and at least has experience in the PL. would prefer than a total gamble on a foreign manager changing everything then being rubbish, leaving us in the ****e!

Anyone know roughly what it would cost getting him out of his Wigan contract?

Following the same logic, wouldn't Martin Jol be a better choice than Martinez?

I had some fun this evening with a couple of Liverpool supporters I know about strong well placed rumours that Benitez could be the next Everton manager.
They are consoling themselves that he is Real Madrid bound,but I have created doubt in their mind and they would really hate it above all because they genuinely think Benitez is a great manager and would have him back at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

To be fair Benitez has a CV that is infinitely superior to just about every canditate mentioned for Everton.He won trophies in Spain,in England(unfortunately with Liverpool) and has done a very respectable job at Chelsea in very different circumstances.

We probably wouldn't offer him the job,if we did he probably wouldn't accept it,but it would be interesting and would absolutely drive Liverpool supporters insane.
They were trying to tell me that Mark Hughes would get the job....the mention of Benitez stopped that particular bit of nonsense.

Just hope we don't get someone like Redknapp or O'Neill who are terrible with money and would ruin a club like ours for the forseeable future. Not that Bill would give them any money to ruin us with

You're a man who constantly complains about the position the club is in, yet you're saying you'd happily accept McClaren.

If you'd said 'I'd take McClaren over Mark Hughes' well obviously. But you didn't.

And lol if you actually think Hughes or Holloway will get the job.

I've lost count of the amount of times you've called Moyes a ginger prick because of his defensive football, but now you're saying you'd be happy if a man known for defensive football who was sacked three times in a row was brought in.

Nonsense.

No I never have. I criticised him for his lack of boldness when the moment came for it. That's a distinction I dont expect you to understand though.

Why are people entertaining the thought of Benitez as manager? The mere thought of him coming anywhere near this club sickens me. It's as though people are willing to forego everything Everton supposedly stands for in a small time attempt to wind up Liverpool fans. Get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.