Zac Macmath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri

Player Valuation: £70m
Bit slow on this one, but still:

United States Under-20 international goalkeeper Zac MacMath is to spend three weeks training with Everton.

Zac MacMath has made himself first-choice at the Union

MacMath, 21, who has had similar stints with Everton in each of the last two years, will use the time to sharpen his skills following the conclusion of the regular MLS season, which came to an end last month.

The Florida-born keeper, who plays for Philadelphia Union in Major League Soccer, was due to fly to Merseyside on Monday and will train alongside Everton's Tim Howard, the United States' first-choice keeper, at the club's Finch Farm base.

Philadelphia Union confirmed MacMath's Merseyside trip in a statement on their website, which added that striker Cristhian Hernandez will be training with Real Sociedad under a similar arrangement.

The statement read: "Goalkeeper Zac MacMath and forward Cristhian Hernandez will continue to hone their skills in the off-season with European clubs in England's Premier League and Spain's La Liga, the club announced today. MacMath and Hernandez will depart today for three-week training stints with Everton and Real Sociedad respectively."

MacMath is not on trial as such, but manager David Moyes will take the opportunity to assess the goalkeeper's progress.

The keeper established himself as the Union's first-choice during the season just completed, keeping eight clean sheets in a side who finished eighth out of 10 teams in the MLS Eastern Conference.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...per-zac-macmath-training-with-everton?cc=5739

So we're basically a charitable organisation. What is it with us and goalkeepers?

So he's not on trial and he gets 3 weeks to train with a premier league club?

Sounds like a win win for the lad, wonder who fixed that for him.

He's done it for the past couple seasons. He plays for the Philadelphia Union, my local MLS club, and is a prettyu good talent. He'd be a solid option in the future.

Listen. We have the US keeper coach. He and Howard are friends. We get to forge a relationship with a young international that maybe will save us loads more than what it costs to give him training shirts if he becomes anything good... I do not see the issue.

Well said. You'd think Everton were paying his wages the way people are reacting.

I really really like that we do this. Win win for both parties. Love being able to check out other players with no risk.

There's gotta be a reason we keep bringing him over. I don't think we are interested as that would have been talked about already. Is there someone who knows Woods or Howard at the Union?

Is it not free advertising in the States for Everton? Pretty sure more Philly fans are aware we exist now because of this. As long as we don't feed him or anything I'm fine with it, make him bring his own butties.

Status
Not open for further replies.