2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Yes but should have gotten the shot off sooner.

In terms of team play and combining with others, he’s already better than the other two strikers. Just needs better players around him
And any kind of service.

Gotta say impressed with that chance tbh, he carved it out, a lot more physical than he looks. With more game time (hopefully more than 5 min a month) he'll get better, and if we actually have any plan for, you know, attacking.

Big ifs anyway.

Thought he was decent. Would like him to get some minutes against Luton and Sheffield United.

They would be ideal games to use him in.

Dare i say they should be more open than Brentford with Luton needing to win and Sheffield a sieve

Still wonder if it's worth loaning him out. A similar loan to Branthwaite to the Dutch league could go well.

Hopefully he gets significant time in the next 3 games and the management can make a decision on him.

Depending on whether we keep Beto & DCL it may be an idea to loan him somewhere like a dutch team where he can slot alot and get his confidence high

Yes but should have gotten the shot off sooner.

In terms of team play and combining with others, he’s already better than the other two strikers. Just needs better players around him
As i put earlier, i think his inexperience showed in that moment. An experienced striker knows how to body the CB while maintaining a decent touch. He was so focused on getting the ball and shrugging the defender off, his first touch let him down.

That sort of thing can only be learned with gametime, experience and also mistakes.

Good outing for him, looks like his link up is better. Just needs to learn from those small errors (which is what a 19 year old with little to no game is expected to do).

I can only see positives. I think the management team felt that as well because taking him off with 90 seconds to go wasn't a tactical thing, it was purely just to give him some appreciate and confidence from the crowd and appreciation he's done a decent job in tricky circumstances.

Now we are safe (a draw would have seen us safe anyway).

He can hopefully get some more minutes, no reason to rush DCL back, no reason to rush Beto after his concussion. All the pressure is off, let the boy and let the team play.