2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

100% agree. Ive been saying to @Eggs that it would be good to see him get some mins by the end of this season so hes up to speed development wise to take the reigns next season.

I like the limited amount ive seen.

…I don’t see such planning in place but even if there is, my concern is Chermiti hasn’t shown me anything to suggest he’s anywhere capable of being an effective striker at this level.

There is very little quality ahead of him and if he had anything about him he’d be pushing now. It’s alright suggesting these grandiose plans, but the bottom line is players need to be good enough. If Chermiti is good enough to start next season, we’d be seeing quality now. Thats my concern.

…I don’t see such planning in place but even if there is, my concern is Chermiti hasn’t shown me anything to suggest he’s anywhere capable of being an effective striker at this level.

There is very little quality ahead of him and if he had anything about him he’d be pushing now. It’s alright suggesting these grandiose plans, but the bottom line is players need to be good enough. If Chermiti is good enough to start next season, we’d be seeing quality now. Thats my concern.
Tough to tell with Dyche. He picks is players and stick with them no matter what. Reckon we'd have seen more squad rotation through a lengthy winless period with most other managers.

Perhaps youre just a poor judge of a player ?

Loan him to Sheffield Utd.

People moan if there isn't any succession planning, that's what Thelwell has tried to do here. Bring in someone who may be able to be a starter in a few years time once we've sold DCL and/or Beto.

Chermiti should be getting to that point where he can come on and do a job but the man in charge is totally clueless when it comes to substitutions, almost wasting the entire year he has been here. Not exactly Chermiti's fault for not pulling up trees here either, how many strikers have we gone through? All seem to look a lot better away from this club.

We are so quick to turn on players it is unreal, I think you are putting unrealistic demands on to our youngest and most inexperienced forward, especially given Dyche's system of favouritism. How anyone can judge him based on the little amount he's played I've got no idea.

….i’d never pretend to be anything else, Zat, but i have an opinion. There’s somebody on here who produces lists of players in every window, including players we should sell and how much we’ll get. Once this bloke said we should sign 6 players from Barcelona, now that’s a good judge of a player.

I just want to see a sign that this lad is the business. Paying circa €15m for a 19 year old with misfiring strikers ahead of him, I’d be expecting him to be putting pressure on. I’d expect him to produce a ‘that’ll do me moment’.

I do accept you are clearly seeing a player who will be our top striker next season, I know you’re an excellent judge and I so hope you’re right again although I seem to recall you saying he’d replace Doucoure ;)

Last edited:

….i’d never pretend to be anything else, Zat, but i have an opinion. There’s somebody on here who produces lists of players in every window, including players we should sell and how much we’ll get. Once this bloke said we should sign 6 players from Barcelona, now that’s a good judge of a player.

I just want to see a sign that this lad is the business. Paying circa €15m for a 19 year old with misfiring strikers ahead of him, I’d be expecting him to be putting pressure on. I’d expect him to produce a ‘that’ll do me moment’.

I do accept you are clearly seeing a player who will be our top striker next season, I know you’re an excellent judge and I so hope you’re right again although I seem to recall you saying he’d replace Doucoure ;)

lol brutal.

I dont think he'll be a starter next sesson. I think he'll become our second / rotation option from the bench.

I'd sell DCL, Maupay & Beto and replace with a starter.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edit: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry Zat you’ve had a ‘mare there.

People moan if there isn't any succession planning, that's what Thelwell has tried to do here. Bring in someone who may be able to be a starter in a few years time once we've sold DCL and/or Beto.

Chermiti should be getting to that point where he can come on and do a job but the man in charge is totally clueless when it comes to substitutions, almost wasting the entire year he has been here. Not exactly Chermiti's fault for not pulling up trees here either, how many strikers have we gone through? All seem to look a lot better away from this club.

We are so quick to turn on players it is unreal, I think you are putting unrealistic demands on to our youngest and most inexperienced forward, especially given Dyche's system of favouritism. How anyone can judge him based on the little amount he's played I've got no idea.

….succession planning is fine but the players brought in still have to be good enough. It’s not like our current options are formidable. We aren’t awash with monies, we’ve paid plenty for this kid (plus Maupay & Beto) and I’d like to be seeing some signs that it’s a good investment. Hopefully he can smash one in at the Stretford End today.

It’s just about buying good players, all the succession planning in the world won’t work unless you acquire footballers who have the capability to transition. I’m still waiting to see signs with Chermiti, I’d be chuffed if he’s good.

….succession planning is fine but the players brought in still have to be good enough. It’s not like our current options are formidable. We aren’t awash with monies, we’ve paid plenty for this kid (plus Maupay & Beto) and I’d like to be seeing some signs that it’s a good investment. Hopefully he can smash one in at the Stretford End today.

It’s just about buying good players, all the succession planning in the world won’t work unless you acquire footballers who have the capability to transition. I’m still waiting to see signs with Chermiti, I’d be chuffed if he’s good.

I agree with the point that we paid top dollar for him (albeit with beneficial payment terms on the never never - we haven't even started paying for him yet!) but we had DCL, we had Beto and we had Danjuma ahead of him. Clearly this was a kid who would be destined to play a bit part at most this season and that's the way it has turned out.

I would have liked to have seen Dyche give him 10/15 minutes each game to allow him to grow. Problem is we never get 2/3 nil up to blood players when the pressure is off. That I can understand in part from Dyche that he wants as tried and tested as it can be whilst we are in it. I just think you are being unfair on him, his price tag is not his fault and how he's been used isn't either. He's not a wonderkid as they'd be at a different club, he needs time to fill out, get stronger, get game time and then see where he is at.

Likely he will go on loan if Dyche continues to ignore him and we'll eventually turn a profit on him, which I think is ultimately what the long term plan was.