Confirmed Signing Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Confused him with Summerville.
Easy mistake to make

Bquy-LLCEAAjHH0.jpg

Lol the last bit of the article translated:

“All this does not mean that an agreement is impossible, since the negotiations are still taking place, and can reach a good port at any time”.

Literally the definition of sitting on the fence.

If we value Gnonto at 25m and they insist on 30 then yes we should move on. Particularly as people will then complain we've overpaid.

If we think he's not worth that, then he's not worth that. We shouldn't be held to ransom like we have previously.

Then if his agent asks for 5 years at 120k we should reject. We've been rinsed for years and it hasn't worked. Just need to stand firm and not overpay.

I always use that Paul somebody we were after and saints outbid us and paid 25m for him. He's useless. Utter rubbish yet there were people in here wanting to sign him out of desperation.
its called the auction winner's curse...if you win a bidding war, then you by definition had a higher valuation (or deeper pockets) than everyone else, and therefore your valuation is suspect. I'm personally glad we swerved this one. He showed flashes of exciting dribbling to me, but not much else. Would much rather we spend our meager funds elsewhere.

I think we are being taken to the cleaners here if it is £15 mill plus add ons. he hasn't even played for portugal u21s! we should top out at £15 million with the add ons. Hope the lad does well if he signs!
Isn't the reported fee 15m Euros plus add ons. Which means he falls within your budget 👍

Id be more exited about this if there was more info on him. Either hes got some real potential and we’re the only ones capable of seeing it currently, or this is a wild punt because we cant get anyone else.
A wild punt. Dyche had a quick look at the squad before Sat and saw 6ft 4" creamed himself, and suddenly a bid went in..

I know some are bemoaning the price, but if a Brighton or Brentford bought this lad and then sold him in 2 years for 40-50 million, we’d be moaning about our lack of vision and scouting. I’m not saying that is 100% going to happen but we have to take a punt on some of these young players. It’s the only way that we will become sustainable without massive commercial deals which we aren’t getting for some time yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.