Confirmed Signing Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tells me we are at least looking for direction as opposed to a quick fix (that turns out to be a defective ripoff anyways). Maybe a panic buy, maybe late but I’m glad it’s not another Maupay.

I guess Kev’s Ryanair flight from Spain must have had a stop over in Portugal on the way home.. heard he was shocked that when he landed, that people in Portugal also play football. He may now consider that other countries could have football players too.

I'm sure Sly Sports said he scored 3 Goals last season, what is he ? A keeper who comes up for corners !! 🤦‍♂️

Same role at Sporting as what Simms had here when he returned in January I assume.

I'd have no problem with this if the two senior CFs were fit and actually good but one is never fit anymore and the other is Mauapy so this sort of profile player is a huge huge gamble given he'll play significant minutes a short while into the season.

You look at how poor Nunez looked for RS for most of last season and he was scoring 25-30 for Benfica I think so expecting this lad to come in and be a saviour is a bit optimistic.

I think the manager is bad and don’t trust his opinion. So there you go. Now you don’t have to bring it up again.

What about all the other managers in the country and scouts that didn’t want him even tho he would only cost 3.5m?
Don't know who Zach Lowy is but a thread by him about Chermiti. Was talking about him in February so has been following him for a while at least.

I remember reading something similar about Onanna last year when he signed

Sporting Lisbon director: hello Mr Thelwell, just calling to confirm details for Saturdays match.

Thelwell: oh hi pal, yeh 3pm kick off England time. Baps and chips for players and staff after the game.

Sporting Lisbon director: ok Mr Thelwell we look forward to seeing you Saturday.

Thelwell: while I’ve got you on the phone, don’t suppose you’ve got any strikers, we’re a bit desperate.

Sporting Lisbon Director: I think we may have what you’re looking for…

Status
Not open for further replies.