Your top 20 worst/stupidest Everton signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strikes me through this list of no marks, how most of them are predictable failures. Yes our club spends millions no doubt on scouting and such like, its so embarrassing. I'm amazed we are even still in the top flight the way we work out how to buy players, as there seems to be absolutely no plan for buying a particular player. To fit into the team or a system we employ.

We are ridiculous, I defy anyone to show me a team with a worse record for buying dross players in the last 100 years
.. i dont think they exist.

No one out everton's everton!!!

I do a lot of running and explain the number of running shoes I have to Mrs blueloon with : “;Yeah , but you should see the number I looked at but didn’t buy 😉. I suspect we’re the same “ You should see the list we looked at but didn’t buy, they contained some right whoppers !” On the other hand this being Everton the list starts with Haarland 🤷‍♂️

The thing with him is I'm not sure it qualifies as stupid/worst.

Pretty sure at the time (98/99?) he was a very highly rated young keeper across the water at Tranmere and he had England under 21 caps. So for a couple of million it seemed logical to see if he could step up otherwise it was just Paul Gerrard in goal for a couple of years.

He couldn't and that kid at Burnley reminds me a bit of him given he's had a similar trajectory.

Simonsen dropped back down to Stoke and was pretty solid for them for many years and played the odd prem game when they came up in 2008.

Anyway summer 2017 wins hands down surely. What a terrible way to squander the Lukaku money. Signed endless number 10s, the main CF was Sandro who just couldn't settle or adapt so in the end had to ask Rooney to play as CF again even though he'd just spent the last 18 months at Man. United and England playing in central midfield. He did his best and scored some goals but it was a really bad half a season.

Big Sam did o.k results wise but then spent 60m on Tosun and Walcott to further compound things later on down the line. Did Ashley Williams come in that summer or where they a year earlier?
Wasn't there something dodgy about this transfer, involving Peter Johnson the Hampers basket case that bought Everton?? I'm sure i got a whiff of something back in the day with this one, which may in the end qualify it as a stupid transfer....?!

Didn’t this clown manage to get injured by falling out of his loft while putting his suitcases away?
Was either him or Paul Gerrard that got injured at Chelsea in the warm up, tripped on a sign near the goal mouth. Pretty sure Myhre got injured getting out the bath as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.