Your top 20 worst/stupidest Everton signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas Neill
Danny Williamson
Neill did alright for us to be fair, was out the door pretty quickly too though.

A bit harsh on WIlliamson, played a handful of games (Including a great showing in the derby) before he leg fell off, works his way back to fitness after years out and then does the exact same injury with the other leg and never kicked a ball again. Was a proper weird period that under Kendall MK3.

I'm curious to see @Nymzee and @MikeH72's lists...

Here's mine, in no particular order and for reasons including value for money, being an arse, or being plain turd.

1 Gylfi
2 Alcaraz
3 McGeady
4 Eto'o
5 Niasse
6 Koldrup
7 Keane
8 Maupay
9 Davies, Simon
10 Kean
11 Tosun
12 Coco Martinez
13 That lad with the massive thighs Moyes rarely played
14 Schneiderlin
15 John Spencer
16 Steve Simonsen
17 Rooney (the re-signing)
18 Baardsen
19 Benitez (I don't care he's not a player)
20 Rondon

Mark Hughes
Gazza
David Ginola
Norman Whiteside
Per Koldrup
Gbamin
Maupay
Alcaraz
Klassen
Coco martina

Wow some good players on these lists. Bizarre.

Whiteside was a good player and Gasgoine amazing. Both past their best beset by injury but can say I had the privelidge to see them play for Everton.

Eto' too.

Manager wise, there's only one that really stands out and that's Mike Walker. Above any.

I think Davies was 3M. Kind of a dollar store version of Baines. I don't think we ever won when he started. He had a cross in him and was decent at corners but that was Arteta's job. Prob just a bad fit because did alright at Fulham even tho I didn't notice him doing anything different.
Well I read £4.5m but whether it was £4.5m, £3m, 3p or 45p, all variants were far too much to squander on Davies. The lad was simply garbage.

I knew we had a poor record when he played games but didn't realise just how bad it was. Having looked it up we won just 10 of the 45 league games he played in and he contributed just one goal in that time and was so ineffective Moyes subbed him on 12 of his 36 starts.

Terrible acquisition.

Last edited:
A handful of boss goals probably take him out of the mix.

There are probably 20 players who did next to nothing for us, Klaassen, Sandro, Gbamin, Kroldrup, Spencer etc, at least Bily gave us a few decent moments.

Yeah, think he just springs to mind because (if memory serves) think he was probably Moyes biggest (price) signing that didn't work out.

Wow some good players on these lists. Bizarre.

Whiteside was a good player and Gasgoine amazing. Both past their best beset by injury but can say I had the privelidge to see them play for Everton.

Eto' too.

Manager wise, there's only one that really stands out and that's Mike Walker. Above any.
More about Eto'o being a bit of a tool off the pitch. Didn't last long, stupid signing by Martinez et al imho.

Benitez was a ridiculous appointment. Any idiot could see that. But the hierarchy did it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.