Your the Everton Chairman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kenwright can't help us progress, then he is holding us back.

The fact you are against the ground move, which is deffo holding us back, for you to for this opinion seems a touch hypocritical.

Alright, a question. Do you want to stay at Goodison, move to Kirkby or move to an as-of-yet unnamed site?

Consider how badly Everton is marketed - study the competition (which of course isn't true competition but rival clubs selling to their own, separate, customers)

Restructure the catering at the ground - pretty dire as it is (even though it's been hived off to an outside company it's basically crap)

Restructure the Ticketing branch

Broaden the goods and services sold directly at the club megastore.

Review the policy of charging full (adult) prices for cup ties for youth customers - also the pensioner discount that doesn't apply to women between 60-65.

Produce a 5 year plan for the Financial Growth of the club

Aim to make a trading profit in the period of my tenure

Sign David Moyes to a long term contract

Bring in a better team than those who already work at the club - additional business expertise.

Encourage more fan participation in the running of the club

That's about it!!

Location is irrelevant, there is nothing wrong with Kirkby.
It's the type of stadium were are buying into which is going to be detrimental to the club. Trashy, cheap, planted in the middle of a retail park.
Very, very americanized I'm afraid.

Consider how badly Everton is marketed - study the competition (which of course isn't true competition but rival clubs selling to their own, separate, customers)

Restructure the catering at the ground - pretty dire as it is (even though it's been hived off to an outside company it's basically crap)

Restructure the Ticketing branch

Broaden the goods and services sold directly at the club megastore.

Review the policy of charging full (adult) prices for cup ties for youth customers - also the pensioner discount that doesn't apply to women between 60-65.

Produce a 5 year plan for the Financial Growth of the club

Aim to make a trading profit in the period of my tenure

Sign David Moyes to a long term contract

Bring in a better team than those who already work at the club - additional business expertise.

Encourage more fan participation in the running of the club

That's about it!!

Will there be an additional site at the kirkby development for a club shop? or will we have some half assed lean too on the stadium itself where merchandise is flogged to the paying customers?

if we do get an off-stadium spec, will we own it out right?

Man Utd and Arsenal are the templates we have to follow. Both clubs have funded their growth with their own money and both have as a result built a long-term platform for success.

I would love to see much more done on the commercial side of things, not just in England, or indeed just in Liverpool, but in the whole world. Man Utd make more money from overseas supporters than they do from domestic ones. I'd hate to think what our ratio is.

In many ways this would be one of the best things of having a new investor because they would demand a return on their money. Kenright does it for love so doesn't really care if he gets his money back. It's a subtle difference and I suspect if you're working with profit in mind that you'd put a whole lot more effort into it. Of course, it's worth remembering for those that request such an investor, that the easiest way to boost income would be to ramp ticket prices up. I've said before that we have amongst the cheapest tickets in the league.

Whilst it's obvious that many fans would love someone else to spend more money funding the club with no care for a return on their investment it's also obvious that those same fans would kick up a stink if it was them that had to fund things.

Man Utd and Arsenal are the templates we have to follow. Both clubs have funded their growth with their own money and both have as a result built a long-term platform for success.

I would love to see much more done on the commercial side of things, not just in England, or indeed just in Liverpool, but in the whole world. Man Utd make more money from overseas supporters than they do from domestic ones. I'd hate to think what our ratio is.

In many ways this would be one of the best things of having a new investor because they would demand a return on their money. Kenright does it for love so doesn't really care if he gets his money back. It's a subtle difference and I suspect if you're working with profit in mind that you'd put a whole lot more effort into it. Of course, it's worth remembering for those that request such an investor, that the easiest way to boost income would be to ramp ticket prices up. I've said before that we have amongst the cheapest tickets in the league.

Whilst it's obvious that many fans would love someone else to spend more money funding the club with no care for a return on their investment it's also obvious that those same fans would kick up a stink if it was them that had to fund things.

As an aside Bruce did you ever hear anything from the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.