YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BOXING DAY FIXTURE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
Over the years you have watched Everton, what is your most memorable Boxing day memory?
There are a few that spring to mind , 1985/86 Manchester United at home winning 3-1 with Sharp scoring 2 and Lineker the other.
The season after we went to Newcastle and wiped the floor with them winning 4-0 with tricky Trev scoring 2, Heath and Power getting the others.
I also remember beating Boro 4-0 in 1995 with Diamond getting 2, Short and Kanchelskis with the others. Who can forget the mauling of the Black Cats winning empathically 5-0 in 1999 Hutchison 2, Pembridge, Jeffers and super Kev Campbell.

My first as a kid Bally mate 1973,Man City at Goodison,(2-0,Mick Buckley and John Hurst, just had to look that up:blush:lol)just remember everyone seemed to be in their new xmas gear and cigar smoke everywhere:)

Memorable for completely the wrong reason, being stuffed 6-2 at home by Man Utd. My grandad's very well-heeled friend had seats in the 300 club and let us have them for the game. Sat there as an 11 year old watching us get spanked.
I remember it well. We had just been on a good run until then.

Over the years you have watched Everton, what is your most memorable Boxing day memory?
There are a few that spring to mind , 1985/86 Manchester United at home winning 3-1 with Sharp scoring 2 and Lineker the other.
The season after we went to Newcastle and wiped the floor with them winning 4-0 with tricky Trev scoring 2, Heath and Power getting the others.
I also remember beating Boro 4-0 in 1995 with Diamond getting 2, Short and Kanchelskis with the others. Who can forget the mauling of the Black Cats winning empathically 5-0 in 1999 Hutchison 2, Pembridge, Jeffers and super Kev Campbell.
Yeah. They scored first. Brilliant.
Went with my cousin. As we were travelling from Birkenhead and had no vehicle we had to hitch through the tunnel. Two Irish blues gave us a lift over and arranged to meet up after the match to take us back through. Good days

We played Boro in the 90s, can't remember the score but it was a bad winter and the buses from town were delayed to due the weather. Me and me arl fella got off at county road and as we were walking up one of the streets, about 3:10pm we heard this almighty yelp, like a dog had been booted in the balls each from Goodison.

Gets in the ground to our seat, asks the fella what the hell that noise was. Fella replies "that was juninho lad, parkinson has just put him in the bullens".

The poor little samba boy didn't touch the ball again that game

The one against Newcastle last year actually, when The Clev scored a 93rd-minute winner. Limbs everywhere once that happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.