Your first choice starting XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior12

Player Valuation: £50k
Curious as to what everybody considers our first choice XI is, now that we've brought in a few and lost a couple throughout the transfer window.

Here is mine to get it started:

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Also, I would have Robles, Stones, Heitinga, Gibson, Osman, Deulofeu and Jelavic on the bench.

Curious as to what everybody considers our first choice XI is, now that we've brought in a few and lost a couple throughout the transfer window.

Here is mine to get it started:

Howard
Barry McCarthy
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Also, I would have Robles, Stones, Heitinga, Gibson, Osman, Deulofeu and Jelavic on the bench.

I would have mirallas left and deulofeu right and pienaar on the bench.

Howard
Barry McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

That's immense. Most complete defence in the league for me -- two top CBs and the best pair of attacking fullbacks to be found. Experience and nouse in Barry, a bit of youth and drive in McCarthy and then bucketloads of ingenuity and spark in Deulofeu, Barkley and Kev. And then, to top it off, a Belgian brick sh*thouse to score 400 goals. *jizz

Howard
Barry McCarthy
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku​

That's immense. Most complete defence in the league for me -- two top CBs and the best pair of attacking fullbacks to be found. Experience and nouse in Barry, a bit of youth and drive in McCarthy and then bucketloads of ingenuity and spark in Deulofeu, Barkley and Kev. And then, to top it off, a Belgian brick sh*thouse to score 400 goals. *jizz

I'd have this but Pienaar instead of Deulofeu for the time being. Maybe in time that will change but we need Pienaar to bring the best out of Baines and more importantly to pick holes in defences as a lot of teams are going to sit deep against us this season.

Deulofeu is a great option from the bench like.

howard
coleman jagielka distin baines

mcCarthy barry barkley

deulofeu lukaku mirallas

bench:stones,oviedo,gibson,pienaar,osman,jelavic and robles..

barkley roaming and mccarthy and barry can slide across ahen in control of games..

I'd have this but Pienaar instead of Deulofeu for the time being. Maybe in time that will change but we need Pienaar to bring the best out of Baines and more importantly to pick holes in defences as a lot of teams are going to sit deep against us this season.

This. He is an impact sub for the time being in the premier league, for me.

That's my thinking too, mate. I reckon by January Deulofeu can be a first XI player, but of course it'll take time. I think Pienaar's actually been okay these past few games, too.

I´ll have Gibson ahead of Barry in first XI.

When Barkley needs a break (which he will), Gibson pushes up and Barry comes in to hold the midfield.

A lot of players are saying McCarthy is a natural replacement for the ageing Osman. Imo though when Osman was at his best for us it was mainly as a central, attacking midfielder. His dinking runs in to the box and his goals has saved us on more than one occasion in the past. McCarthy isn´t really a dribbler or a goal scorer is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.