Your Favourite Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toss up between Ferguson and Cahill. Simply for caring about us as a club, the fight and attitude from both players were really key in their respective era's. For all the skills of Pienaar and Arteta, they have to be complimented with the hard work and graft of the Cahill's and Carsleys of the team.

Outside of Everton there is only one player for me - Zinedine Zidane.
Wasnt a patch on our own zinedine kilbane though:)

My favourite player in my lifetime (even ahead of Cahill, Arteta and a few faint memories of Dunc) was Jelavic during that amazing slotting spell he had when he first arrived. I never felt more excited about a player since we'd never had a truly prolific striker since I'd been following the blues... then he went crap.

In the current squad it's Baines closely followed by Barkley and Rom.

I always get people saying he is nothing compared to Messi, let me tell you something, the best defender in the world today is probably Godin or Silva, possibly Kompany. Zidane was gliding past players such as Cannavaro, Thuram, Nesta, Puyol and so on who are far superior defenders compared to todays bunch of players. Messi wasn't even the best in his early days being overshadowed by Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho for example, Zidane was still considered the best real Madrid player even with Casillas, Raul and Ronaldo in the side.

In that case, Diego Maradona, for me still the best ever player not to have played for Everton.

On topic Ross Barkley is going to be immense as is Stones, although I don't think the latter will stay whereas I can see Ross being a one club man.

I always get people saying he is nothing compared to Messi, let me tell you something, the best defender in the world today is probably Godin or Silva, possibly Kompany. Zidane was gliding past players such as Cannavaro, Thuram, Nesta, Puyol and so on who are far superior defenders compared to todays bunch of players. Messi wasn't even the best in his early days being overshadowed by Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho for example, Zidane was still considered the best real Madrid player even with Casillas, Raul and Ronaldo in the side.

LOL I've heard it all now, an 18 year old Messi was overshadowed by a primed Ronaldinho and Xavi.

My arl fella who's been watching football for 40 odd years, says Messi is the best player that's ever kicked a ball. He's certainly the best I've ever seen, as undoubtedly amazing as Zidane was.

Anyway, my favourite Everton player currently is John Stones. Because he's the best.

LOL I've heard it all now, an 18 year old Messi was overshadowed by a primed Ronaldinho and Xavi.

My arl fella who's been watching football for 40 odd years, says Messi is the best player that's ever kicked a ball. He's certainly the best I've ever seen, as undoubtedly amazing as Zidane was.

Anyway, my favourite Everton player currently is John Stones. Because he's the best.
Point being i dont remember Zidane ever being overshadowed by anyone. Including the real madrid greats of raul and casillas etc....

Point being i dont remember Zidane ever being overshadowed by anyone. Including the real madrid greats of raul and casillas etc....

He might have been if he was at Madrid at the age of 18. Also that Galacticos team was something special, I seem to remember they were held in a similar regard rather than one single player elevated above the rest like Messi is right now

Status
Not open for further replies.