your favourite 21st-Century moments

What's your favourite 21st-Century moment?

• Moyes: "we're the People's Club"

• 16-year old Rooney vs Arsenal

• Dunc's header vs Man U

• Securing 4th ahead of RS in 2005

• The AJ derby

• 7-1

• Fiorentina

• Fellaini bewildering Bellamy

• 5-3 vs Blackpool

• pen shootout in 2009 cup semi

• Jelavic slotting for fun

• Gosling derby goal

• Hibbert scores! sort of

• Wolfsburg away

• Oviedo vs Man Utd

• Pienaar lobbing Almunia

• Lukaku's world-class goal vs Chelsea

• Jags smashing it top corner in the derby

• 4-0 vs Man City

• something else (tell us)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiorentina for me. Everton in a nutshell. Possibly the best celebration I've ever known at GP when arteta scored. Utter utter bedlam. Hugging complete strangers. People falling over the seats but lying there deliriously happy.

Then what followed... Just the way it seems to be for us
Exactly, never get an ounce of good fortune when it really matters

Maybe be recency playing a part but i loved the 3-1 against Chelsea with Duncan in charge, felt so good after weeks of drudgery with Silva

So,, probably going to get slated for this, but it was the last home match of Moyes' tenure with us. When he had his old players there to wave goodbye, it was really something to me. I've only known an Everton with Moyes as that's pretty much exactly when I started supporting them, it was a quasi changing of the guard. Who could know that the new guard was going to be massively more crap than the previous ones?

Maybe be recency playing a part but i loved the 3-1 against Chelsea with Duncan in charge, felt so good after weeks of drudgery with Silva
So,, probably going to get slated for this, but it was the last home match of Moyes' tenure with us. When he had his old players there to wave goodbye, it was really something to me. I've only known an Everton with Moyes as that's pretty much exactly when I started supporting them, it was a quasi changing of the guard. Who could know that the new guard was going to be massively more crap than the previous ones?

both good calls...Dunc should've got the derby.

Gosling winner.

Not even a debate.
Had we won the cup that year, it would possibly be my best memory of watching Everton.

FSW making his penalty list, and we scored. Absolute bedlam.

I hate that club with as much passion as I love Everton. The absolute yin and yang.
You dream of scoring a last gasp winner against the cult.

Dan Gosling lived the dream.

Actually - standing in the road outside my house 30 seconds into this century, with a scotch in my hand, looking to into the heavens to contemplate the new millennium and seeing a shy work colleague's breasts flattened against the window of my upstairs box room with my best mate (quite a shy fella who had come a long way for the party) straddled behind her. I was happy for them both.

Other than that - Jag's goal.

* he later bought my house - she has now moved to Australia.

....perhaps the FA Cup semi-final shoot-out win against Manchester United.

it wasn’t a final, but it was a celebration for our fans.

I have great memories of that day.Everyone in the house was really happy.It was just the buzz and excitement of Everton back in a major final.Of course we also knocked the reds out, on the way to that 09 FA Cup final as well.Considering that we were without Arteta Jags and the Yak, we did give it a brave but futile effort against Chelsea.That 2006/2007 to 2008/2009 Everton side was very unlucky not to win a trophy.

Oviedo at united...thought we were genuinely back amongst it then...also the drilling of Arsenal that same season where Coleman was juggling the ball down the Bullens Road

Status
Not open for further replies.