Youngest team .

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
When I looked at the age and number of appearances for the club last night I began to consider what the youngest team that we could put out who have already played competitive first team football this season.

I have taken a little licence by playing Besic at centre back.

Pickford.

Kenny
Keane
Besic
Holgate

Lookman
Davies
Klaasen
Vlasic

DCL
Sandro

It's also interesting that in 12 games this season, we've already used 21 players. In fact everyone except the long-term injured (Ross, McCarthy, Mori, Coleman and Bolasie) has played.

interesting. The " competitive first team football this season" limits it a wee bit. If it was played competitive first team football and around now , you could squeeze about a year off by having Garbutt at left back , Holgate instead of Besic. With our loanees who've played first team , by including Connolly at left back and Dowell in midfield instead of Besic and Klassen is probably the youngest you could get . Think Keane then becomes the oldest, so possibly Pennington would make it younger.

...let's not forget the youngsters on loan playing competitive football in the Championship. Dowell and Walsh, there's also Matthew Pennington who can fill that CB birth given his first team experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.