"You think this is bad son?..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 1983 - I was part of a crowd of just 14,000 at Goodison. Yes it was a league game, we were playing Luton, it was painful to watch. Eventually the crowd began chanting "All we are saying / Is give us a goal." Then Luton scored.

We used to have to be refereed by a certain Clive Thomas.

You think this is bad son? I remember the 1977 FA Cup semi-final when Bryan Hamilton had what would have been a last minute winner against the RS wrongly disallowed for handball.

After the match, Clive Thomas admitted he didn't actually see Hamilton handle the ball, just assumed he must have done. Replays showed it came off his hip. We lost the replay 3-0.

Im 40 and Ive seen us win the league albeit I was 8 years old, my children who are all Blues are never likely to see that in their lifetime. Perhaps I should have done them a favour and made them Reds! They`d be much happier than I have been as a Blue for the last 30 odd years!

You think this is bad son? It’s not too long ago we were watching Moyes shoe-horn 5 right backs into the starting eleven

You think this is bad, son? I saw Louis Saha score the fastest goal in FA Cup Final history and my immediate response was "s*** we've scored too early."

I done exactly the same , jumped and screamed for about 20-30 secs and as they took the centre it suddenly dawned on me that Moyes was going to try defend for 89 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.