"You think this is bad son?..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this before but I’ll repeat it, please don’t blame Glen Keeley for that poor performance, that was down to Howard Kendall, Kelley hadn’t played all season while at Blackburn, he wasn’t match fit, told Kendall he wasn’t ready, but Howard talked him into playing, Glen was poor, sent off after about thirty five minutes, Howard should have listened. Keeley was a very good experienced centre back who played hundreds of games foeBlackburn Rovers and other clubs, you cannot perform at your best if you are not fit, I put the blame on Kendall for playing him, Neville Southall was sent on loan after that game, other players were dropped, the fact is Howard was struggling at that time and should have listened to Keeley, it was a desperate decision to play him and a complete cock up followed.

Indeed.

I wouldn’t disagree with a word of that.

In the context of this thread however, it is sommat one might well say to a son whom is complaining about contemporaneous calamities.

And for all of us who were there that sorry day, it will be forever remembered for Glen’s dismissal, even if the disaster itself was not of his making :(

I’ve said this before but I’ll repeat it, please don’t blame Glen Keeley for that poor performance, that was down to Howard Kendall, Kelley hadn’t played all season while at Blackburn, he wasn’t match fit, told Kendall he wasn’t ready, but Howard talked him into playing, Glen was poor, sent off after about thirty five minutes, Howard should have listened. Keeley was a very good experienced centre back who played hundreds of games foeBlackburn Rovers and other clubs, you cannot perform at your best if you are not fit, I put the blame on Kendall for playing him, Neville Southall was sent on loan after that game, other players were dropped, the fact is Howard was struggling at that time and should have listened to Keeley, it was a desperate decision to play him and a complete cock up followed.
I didnt know this tbh, not all of it anyway- but will always be remebered as the Keeley derby. And I was there to witness it‍

Indeed.

I wouldn’t disagree with a word of that.

In the context of this thread however, it is sommat one might well say to a son whom is complaining about contemporaneous calamities.

And for all of us who were there that sorry day, it will be forever remembered for Glen’s dismissal, even if the disaster itself was not of his making :(
Yes that’s true, when you think of that game even though Rush scored four, the first name that comes to mind isGlen Keeley’s, so I understand your point of view.

I didnt know this tbh, not all of it anyway- but will always be remebered as the Keeley derby. And I was there to witness it‍
So was I, sitting with a red friend of mine and his son, had to bite my tongue right through the game, going home then drinking with him that night. Wasn’t the first time Everton had embarrassed me and it most certainly wasn’t the last, and that’s just counting Derby games. Got to laugh haven’t you or you’d go bleedin’ nuts.

You think this is bad son? I remember our manager going to watch Ayr united v Dundee United and thinking Alan Hansen and Andy Gray weren't worth a bid. He didn't want to spend £300K on Ian Rush either

You think this is bad son...
well it is....but remember that time that scruffy fanta drinking kopite got laid out by a Spanish midget?
Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.