2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as a i like him, he is just not worth it. We should have sold him before the season started. It was a matter of how many minutes he would go without picking up an injury rather than games and predictably he never even made it through one game. Sat on the sidelines for a few weeks again now syphoning unearned money out of the club. Everyone could see it coming except the Everton board and DOF.

Get him fit and then get rid as soon as the opportunity arises imo.

Great defender when he plays unfortunately he can’t last a full game without picking up an injury which is a bit infuriating and even when he takes a slight knock he seems unwilling to run it off. Maybe the fear of not being available to play for Columbia is a factor in that but he should be focusing on the club that pays his wages and not the one that doesn’t although we pay reguardless so I suppose that’s why he ain’t arsed.

You can't have a defender who is so easily injured in your squad. Look at that yesterday, nothing happened other than him turning round sightly, and he pulls up.

I'm not blaming him for it but he's a liability for the reasons unfortunately.

Ability wise there isn't much between him and Tarkowski but one is consistent and reliable and Mina unfortunately isn't. Saw someone say yesterday that he isn't worth it because the defence is a crucial part of the team where consistency is key for organisation. With Mina coming in and out it stop-starts our defence and that type of deal isn't worth the wages he is on, no matter how good he is. I don't rate Coady that highly but since 2013/14 he's consistently played 40+ games a season. We need that in our team.

He only plays half the games. Question; Would you renew his contract at half the salary?
No. I truly feel that Mina was our best defender - maybe he still is but Tarkowski could challenge this - but we need a defence that we can rely on and build from.

It's reached a point where I struggle to believe that we'll get more than three or four games out of Mina in a row before he pulls up, so it's time to move on.

No. I truly feel that Mina was our best defender - maybe he still is but Tarkowski could challenge this - but we need a defence that we can rely on and build from.

It's reached a point where I struggle to believe that we'll get more than three or four games out of Mina in a row before he pulls up, so it's time to move on.
Agreed. I also feel that the chopping and changing to accommodate his sporadic fitness unsettles the defence

Agreed. I also feel that the chopping and changing to accommodate his sporadic fitness unsettles the defence
This is. When he plays, there's that underlying feeling that at some point he may pull up, which means we need to chop and change during the match.

We then have a situation where we're struggling to gain consistency as we have different partnerships for different games. It's not good for anyone.

Every team has to deal with injuries, but it would be ideal if we could get to the point where our first XI plays together more often than it doesn't.

I agree I think he’s our best defender but unfortunately we need to get rid. He just can’t stay fit and we are struggling with finances and can’t keep a liability like him , sell if poss

It used to be that he couldn't play 2 games in a week, now he's struggling to finish any game.

I'd be amazed if anybody was willing to roll the dice on him this summer given his wage demands. For a buying club, it's much more sensible to pick him up on a free next summer and hope that's he's had the realisation that he'll never get crazy Everton money again.

So with that said, we have to get him as fit as possible, sit him on the bench all season and say goodbye next June. We have to build our defence around players who can play most weeks and around players who can actually finish games. It's gone slightly under the radar but we missed out on 2 potential substitutions yesterday because we were forced to sub Mina off. That's a big tactical disadvantage that we're probably throwing away every time he plays. Risky!

Needs to get fit and be sold at the first available opportunity, absolute waste of time, the big tart.

Status
Not open for further replies.