2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Yerry but he simply cannot stay healthy for long stretches to warrant giving him a new contract. I'd imagine if we sold him now we'd make a profit. Experienced international defender who on his day is very good. Someone around Europe will take him off our hands.

Although I don't feel like he could headbutt someone or have a fight with one the posts at anytime anymore,

It is such a shame he simply can not build any momentum or maintain Any consistent run due his fitness issues.

Is he worth the wage and perseverance or is it time to cut ties I'm in between.

Yerry Mina is a good CB. He played more in his 2nd and 3rd season for us but was often have similar injuries. Would like to keep him around but his high wage and injury record means we should move on. Keeping him around would limit our search for a new CB and keeping an injury prone player is not going to do us much good either.

I love Yerry but he simply cannot stay healthy for long stretches to warrant giving him a new contract. I'd imagine if we sold him now we'd make a profit. Experienced international defender who on his day is very good. Someone around Europe will take him off our hands.
What did we pay £25/30 million? He’s in the final 12 months of his contract in the summer, we’re not making a profit on him. Might get close to our money back if we sell January, come the summer he’ll be £15 million.

Rushed back, injured again, sound familiar? Changed the medical team but the end result is still the same. It sounds like more of the same.
There was an article yesterday that was saying Benitez tried to rush DCL back but Donnachie refused so got sacked, I wonder if the same has happened here. If he is trying to rush players back before they are actually fit then that's just downright dangerous imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.