2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read on in the thread I retract my previous post Sass. Just put him on ignore and move on.
Agreed.
Said word is used in said way around here daily and has, so far, passed without notice.

I'm going to have to admit to finding it weird that this usage has become an issue today. I'm not from England. I have long since accepted that the Goat's definition is the working one in the context of this forum. I infer that this is King's English usage more broadly.

It's a more loaded term on this side of the pond, which has a lot to do with our history of finding ways to denigrate people with skin color that doesn't happen to match our own.
This is madness to me, but hey, racists are a weird bunch and thankfully I dont think like them.

Said word is used in said way around here daily and has, so far, passed without notice.

I'm going to have to admit to finding it weird that this usage has become an issue today. I'm not from England. I have long since accepted that the Goat's definition is the working one in the context of this forum. I infer that this is King's English usage more broadly.

It's a more loaded term on this side of the pond, which has a lot to do with our history of finding ways to denigrate people with skin color that doesn't happen to match our own.
No way is donkey a racist term - Goat may be many things and probably eaten most of them, but he's not racist.

Goat and I have always had our differences, Fred. And even though he took a low shot at me with the nudity comment. It seems he thought I was singling him out too when I called him on the donkey comment but I wasn’t. Then it turns out that English people use of the word donkey it is different to what it means to me. Misunderstandings that happened when you interact with people from other cultures. But it is all good. I’m not wind up at all. Xx
Nudity! Are they on the internet or something? Don’t use the same identity on here for people to shoot you down

Hey @Sassy Colombian not getting involved in your argument here but just to clarify that Goat isnt being racist as Donkey has been used for years in English football. Its not a racist term, more along the lines of lacking finesse or an awkward looking player. The most famous 'donkey' in English football was an Arsenal player called Tony Adams.

Obviously as you say there is a cultural misunderstanding, just incase you hear it in future.

Ill let you crack on now, have fun ?

Hey @Sassy Colombian not getting involved in your argument here but just to clarify that Goat isnt being racist as Donkey has been used for years in English football. Its not a racist term, more along the lines of lacking finesse or an awkward looking player. The most famous 'donkey' in English football was an Arsenal player called Tony Adams.

Obviously as you say there is a cultural misunderstanding, just incase you hear it in future.

Ill let you crack on now, have fun ?
And most people called Tony Adams a donkey despite him being a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.