2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing we're really good at - and there is only one - it's set pieces. I don't care what the opposition is bringing, or how it affects us in possession in open play, one of Mina or Keane has to be in the team to get on the end of set pieces.

It's not fun, but we may as well play to our strengths until we sign some better players.

I still haven't fully forgiven Keane for the Spurs abomination, but I'm inclined to agree with you overall. The logical part of my brain states, that across a season, they have been the msot consistent. Godfrey to play at right back, as he deserves a spot too.

For me centre half is about settled pairings. Any combination with Holgate has struggled. Mina and Keane have been by far our best pairing although Godfrey has done OK at times.

For me centre half is about settled pairings. Any combination with Holgate has struggled. Mina and Keane have been by far our best pairing although Godfrey has done OK at times.

For the remaining games if fit I would go for the pairi9ng you mention but also would put Godfrey in MF in front of them with instructions to work forward.

Godfrey is a defender

We know but with his fitness and attitude play him in MF to kill off their strikers and play forward to ours. No harm in trying what have we to lose.
I honestly reckon he would do a good job for us anywhere on the pitch, but that's for the Godfrey thread, as for Yerry I love the fact he enjoys himself on the pitch and isn't our worst player by any stretch of the imagination, don't see why he's not getting a game at the moment.

If he could stay fit for more than 2 weeks at a time he'd be a good player, as it is his fitness is too unreliable and has to be sold this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.