2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our CB pairing for me should be drawn from Keane, Holgate and Brandthwaite.

Holgate and Godfrey worth Branthwaite in reserve. I don’t put much faith in either Keane or Mina. Keane’s ceiling is low and when he’s bad he’s awful. Mina has talent but chooses not to apply it and can’t focus for 90 mins. He has the physique to be one of the most domineering centrebacks in the league but instead he plays like he’s having a kick bout on the beach and it doesn’t matter.

Holgate and Godfrey worth Branthwaite in reserve. I don’t put much faith in either Keane or Mina. Keane’s ceiling is low and when he’s bad he’s awful. Mina has talent but chooses not to apply it and can’t focus for 90 mins. He has the physique to be one of the most domineering centrebacks in the league but instead he plays like he’s having a kick bout on the beach and it doesn’t matter.

Cheers, I forgot about Godfrey.

I was made up when we signed Mina, but, he has proved to be very inconsistent. I haven’t given up on him yet as I’m sure there is a player in there, but, he just doesn’t impose himself enough. With his physical qualities he should be a monster commanding centre back.

Both he and Keane are slow, especially on the turn. The difference is that Keane has a much more ‘switched on’ football brain and is a better footballer than Mina. Neither of them are able to look comfortable without a quick partner when up against a speedy opponent.
I think if Keane has a much more switched on football brain then he shouldn’t pull the plug on it too much, I find him unaware of what’s going on around him far too much, he seems two seconds behind the game, especially if he has to think fast, and if we play a high line then I can’t relax with him or Mina. I think the three goals Michael has scored this season plus the excellent pass he made for Dominic in the WHU game has elevated him in the eyes of many fans, I don’t see it myself, he is still making the same mistakes he has always made and is still,not aggressive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.