Yakubu can be 'Like a new signing' to our not as bad as people think strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I think we have enough bodies in there, but its about quality and ability. I think Saha is our most affective striker and Moyes favours playing him upfront with Cahill just behind. However we will be lucky if we get 20 games out of Saha, so we have to have a plan B.

Looking at the options, I would say Anichebe has never fulfilled his potential, some say he never will, Beckford stuggled to last 90 mins last season, Velios is relatively untired at Premier League level.

Which brings us to Yakubu, who when he wants to be, is a great player. But at the moment Moyes doesnt want to play him. We can all speculate on the reasons; perhaps he wants to move and wont give us his all?

Personally I would pick Yakubu ahead of the other players we have, because I think he is better than Beckford, Anichebe and Velios. Yakubu can score a goal out of nothing, which I dont think the others can do.

"Yakubu can score goals for fun"
"The Yak can score goals out of nothing!!"

I just don't see where anyone is getting this from, because post-injury I haven't seen anything closely resembling the above statements.

You're all talking like Kopites do about Gerrard, he's living off past former glories and doesn't deserve such words being said about him.

Oh thanks for that bombshell of information THT. Couldn't see that a real possibility really before. I thought Saha and Becks were good together up front last season, and I hope Vellios could be a long striker as he has some of the qualities needed for that.

Oh thanks for that bombshell of information THT. Couldn't see that a real possibility really before. I thought Saha and Becks were good together up front last season, and I hope Vellios could be a long striker as he has some of the qualities needed for that.

is that in the shower lid

I know mate that's how I felt ! I wrote a blog on it cause I'm disappointed tbh...

THT.

moyes doesn't like Beck's or Yak so I'm not surprised they could be going
Thats the exact same feeling I have. And the way he constantly dropped them when Saha was only half fit and not scoring at all really says it all.

We really should be looking at selling Saha and Anichebe, to bring in a third striker behind Beckford and Yakubu. But Moyes and his favorite-player-policy will cost us dearly this season unless some loan deal can be stuck with a quality striker.

Thats the exact same feeling I have. And the way he constantly dropped them when Saha was only half fit and not scoring at all really says it all.

We really should be looking at selling Saha and Anichebe, to bring in a third striker behind Beckford and Yakubu. But Moyes and his favorite-player-policy will cost us dearly this season unless some loan deal can be stuck with a quality striker.

Think the bust up at the wolves away game sealed it.

Then there's turning up late for the cup game, and what I heard when he trashed the dressing room when he was subbed off....

Yaks been DOA for 3 seasons now

Status
Not open for further replies.