Yakubu can be 'Like a new signing' to our not as bad as people think strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyboy

Player Valuation: £500k
Pretty new here but from what I've noticed everyone here as well as wanting a winger (which is a must) want a striker that can play upfront, score goals, onvolve the midfield, and is big enough to compete.

Now there is planty of options out there for which sadly we don't have the money but I just don't undertsand the problem with a strikeforce or Saha, Yakubu, Cahill and Beckford, you could even throw in Anichibe aswell as Vellios.

We might not have the best strikers but the money we do have to spend can be spent on other glaring holes as I just don't see the problem with our fowards.

Saha on his day is our number one, skillfull, a beautiful shot and a clever thinker. He is one of the most all rounded strikers in the world and we are extremely lucky to have him. He may be 30 plus these days but that doesn't stop him from being ace when hes on. Unfortunately for Everton it is not all the time as he is injured a lot but with luck Saha is capable of a 15 goal plus season easily.

Now as back up to Saha which he will most likely need is Yakubu. When Yakubu is on he is In my opinion top 10 most dangerous strikers in the Prem. The way he is able to bring a midfield into the game is important especially for a team like Everton and his finishing is dead eye for most parts he is another complete Striker in the way his attributes are so evenly spread. He is also only 28 in English years which is still very young. If he gets his confidence up like he started doing last year and Moyes gives him a shot then I can see Saha and Yakubu forming a really dangerous duo with one starting and one coming off the bence depending on opponents. These two if both up and about are 2 strikers that most clubs would be happy with occupying.

Also as well as having Beckfords pace to break things up, Cahills and Velios' heading abilty and Anichibes....thing that he does, then that really is a dangerous strikeforce that has endless options and formatons that can suit all of them for certain situations.

I would personally go with Saha and Beckford starting as they seemed to have good chemistry with Cahill and Yakubu Subs, Cahill to be played against tougher opponents seems the best way.

But all I am saying is our strikeforce when broken down is actually very underatted as it allows flexibility and unpredictability.

Oh and I almost forgot FFS KENWRONG! SIGN UP ROBBIE KEANE FFS! MOYLES PUT JO ON!!

Strike force is fine, its the lack of creativity and how we are set up is the problem

And yak won't feature for us

Strike force is fine, its the lack of creativity and how we are set up is the problem

And yak won't feature for us

Yer I fear he won't but still not really understanding why. He is as good as anyone we would buy in the open market realistically and is already proven to be a decent striker at the least at prem level. I hope it is not just Moyes fed up with him. Unless the Yak is genuinely unhappy at the club which he most likely is.

All ifs and buts really.

Our strikeforce is incredibly weak. Saha on his day is capable of tremendous things. I love how he hits the ball with so little back lift but lets not forget he goes through purple patches. And of course we can barely get him on the field.

Beckford has good qualities but probably aint good enough all round to be a week in week out striker for us.

Anichebe hasnt scored in like 70 appearances.

What do we have after that? Two unproven kids in Vellios (who I like the look of) and McAleney?

Yakubu again can be great on his day but those days seem to have sadly gone. Its a shame as I loved his big smiley face with the eagle hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.