Transfer Rumour Yacine Brahimi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are starting to heat up...not in Porto's squad at all for the game against Sporting amidst heavy rumours linking him with us.

Looks like this could be a big deadline day signing, and for a club record fee - his release clause is reported to be around £51m, and negotiations are occurring between Everton and Porto.

Brahimi is a direct, skillful player who primarily plays on the left cutting in on his favourite right foot, but can also operate centrally. He is an excellent dribbler and is brilliant at taking on and beating defenders. He is widely regarded to be one of, if not Porto's best player. I'd say he's quite similar to Riyad Mahrez.

In 2014 he was named African Footballer of the Year by the BBC, beating the likes of Yaya Toure to the award.
Nice one lid. You rate him highly then? Obviously I've seen little of him.

We may have somewhat of a problem for the Africa Cup Of Nations if we keep targeting African players though.

I had Sporting v Porto on telly while cleaning earlier, and heard the commentator (BT Sport) say during the 2nd half that "more has been written jus now about Brahimi's likely move to Everton". He went on to say for over £40 million!

Is this really on?

Impossible to tell one YouTube video for a winger from another anymore.. From that vid I would keep our £40m or whatever for a 2nd striker or a true number 10.. Is the intent to have Mirallas, Bolasie, Deulofeu plus 1?

I know in not counting Lennon..

Looking at those two vids, he tries to do too much, does not know when to let go. Lightweight, easily knocked off the ball.

I just dont think this fella is any good mate.

Think he was once for a month, a long time ago, but hes been dire for the last 2 years.
He was a hot potential type signing that Porto always go for and always sell on for a huge profit when they don't quite live up to the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.