Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that this morning. Personally I wouldn't have him back. He fit in well under Moyes' system, but in the first 3 league games last season I thought he looked poor (fair enough we were trying to adapt to a new style, and were yet to bring in McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku etc.) The cynic in me also thinks we'd need to be selling someone to bring him in at that price :(

Funny to have made £15.5m profit to end up back where we started... especially in the light of Moyes' initial ludicrous offer for both Fellani and Baines....

It's not funny at all, it's actually a waste of £12m and we don't have money to throw around like that. Our transfers have to be sensible and the right ones. When I say sensible I'm talking Lukaku who we know can already play in the team, the premiership, fits into the system.

So if Barry signed for MLS or West Ham you wouldn't have Fellaini back?
It'd be like Spurs signing Pienaar and then selling him back to us with raised wages and a profit, only we'd be on the profitable side.
8m with add ons and the 4m stretched over time.

I wouldn't be disappointed but I wouldn't be entirely overjoyed.

I would not laugh.

That would be about half of our transfer budget gone.

If that actually. It might be all of it.
this. besides he was decidedly average for united and didnt perform for a top club. This means that theres limited potential for a profitable resale, as all the top clubs will see and remember that. That with our limited means is something that we need to consider. Also. Fellaini cost 15million + 25% of our profit of the 28million we got for him. So overall he cost around 18million. 28-18 = 10million, so we're paying united 2 million on top of whatever money we made from his sale.
Let the frizzy haired boss for us belgian sit on the United bench and earn 75k a week, thats what I say.
Oh and if we paid that much for him, our dream of a decent striker like Lukaku/Bony would go utterly tits up.

I'm not sure I would take Fellaini back, wasn't impressed with him last season and he didn't look good under Martinez

this. besides he was decidedly average for united and didnt perform for a top club. This means that theres limited potential for a profitable resale, as all the top clubs will see and remember that. That with our limited means is something that we need to consider. Also. Fellaini cost 15million + 25% of our profit of the 28million we got for him. So overall he cost around 18million. 28-18 = 10million, so we're paying united 2 million on top of whatever money we made from his sale.
Let the frizzy haired boss for us belgian sit on the United bench and earn 75k a week, thats what I say.
Oh and if we paid that much for him, our dream of a decent striker like Lukaku/Bony would go utterly tits up.
In other words you are saying we would be buying a top international midfielder for £2m. Good business if you ask me.

In other words you are saying we would be buying a top international midfielder for £2m. Good business if you ask me.
who doesnt fit into our style of play. We're better spending that 2 million on a top international midfielder that does fit our play and has resale value

who doesnt fit into our style of play. We're better spending that 2 million on a top international midfielder that does fit our play and has resale value

They're pretty hard to come by though. (The 2 million top international midfielders that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.