• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did what he was paid to do. He may not have been backed with loads of money but was backed in many other ways for 11 years. Very few manages get such privileges.

Our wages were decent, we kept signing our players to new deals so that we could keep them. He was also paid very well himself of course.
It was a mutually beneficial arrangement. We both did well out of it. It is not like Man Utd was the first club that offered him another job!

I'm all for the removal of Silva, but a washed up Moyes certainly isn't the answer.

He's been on the dole nearly 18 months now and never even gets linked with any jobs. Bringing him back would make us an even bigger laughing stock.

Lasted less than a year in every job he's had, and he's had plenty, since he left this club which says it all. A massive NO to his return, well unless it's to sell the ale at half time (and he'd probably end up getting sacked from that as well!).

I’d like arteta when silva goes (I don’t see it as a n if anymore the man is a hopeless manager) but I really can see Moyes given a second go and personally I think he would do ok.

He took at the time one of the biggest jobs in club football, its pretty much agreed at the time that it was hard to imagine any manager that would have turned down the opportunity
yep a massive once in a lifetime managers job came up in Man Utd. He would have been a fool to turn it down. He wouldn’t be my first choice but realistic managers we could get Moyes would be in my top 3.

I'm not sure Moyes is the answer .............. but ........ he's done better than every manager we've had since, with far less money.

Unless we can attract a big name manager I'd take him back. He's not perfect and likes to bring on defenders when we're trailing in games but we used to play with fight and always work hard, which is more than we have done for a while.

Slagging him off for his previous clubs is a bit unfair.

Man Utd didn't back him with money and weren't patient with him, unlike Van Gaal.

Sunderland didn't give him any money and had a cack team.

The language barrier in Spain would have been a big issue.

We must be in a bad spot if Moyes is the glory days. If he had shown any ability to manage since he left us it might be something to consider but he has been so unspeakably awful that it really doesn't make sense for any team to appoint him above League 1.

We must be in a bad spot if Moyes is the glory days. If he had shown any ability to manage since he left us it might be something to consider but he has been so unspeakably awful that it really doesn't make sense for any team to appoint him above League 1.

He got sacked too soon at united

sociedad can be put down to a language barrier.

Sunderland had been cack for years and he did OK at West ham

He got sacked too soon at united

sociedad can be put down to a language barrier.

Sunderland had been cack for years and he did OK at West ham
He won 9 of 31 at West Ham. Yes the Sunderland squad was bad. But his signings before the season were a huge part of why it was so bad. And he got 24 points from the season. He's done.

He won 9 of 31 at West Ham. Yes the Sunderland squad was bad. But his signings before the season were a huge part of why it was so bad. And he got 24 points from the season. He's done.

Yet every manager we've had since has done worse than him, with more resources.

No manager has done better than him since Kendall.

The mere suggestion of a return for Moyes shows the level of mediocrity and weak mentality that infests every corner of our Club. If a fan base welcomes his return then we know exactly where we are and what are once proud Club stands for. And if a billionaire businessman who’s sunk £400,000,000 into Everton in his short tenure allows that return to happen, or even engages the thought then we are in a lot worse place than I realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.