would we take rooney back......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me , thanks .

Boss player , little , no-class Asbo , as a lad .

Kissed Utd badge on Bally's Day .

End of story , for me ,....

With LCAB on this, interview with the S*n didn't help him either. Fat lad from Salford for me now. Boss player but no, he can still be an Evertonian all he likes, wouldn't have him back now. Even if he did come back, it would be when he is over the hill, so nope

If he was going to sign right now, I would be completely over the moon because we'd probably guarantee the top four then

I've always though that he will come back one day, i can see him finishing his footy career at Goodison.

after the way the money grabbing [Poor language removed] left us, i know he's good but if he thinks he's too good for us , if we got the chance , should we sign him ?

bored !!! want the season to start

also fed up of other clubs sniffing around our players, wish they would just f off... any one got any news on who were buying ??

I don't think his decision to leave had anything to do with money given that he joined the biggest and most successful club in the land....I would take him back as long as he was still doing the business. I wouldn't take him if he was doing a Raul..i.e 33 yrs old and way past his best

Can't see him returning while Moyes is manager due to the way he behaved during and after the transfer, and I'd much rather have Moyes in Everton than Rooney.

I'd take him back alright, but as has been said before, he'd prob be 30+ so maybe not a lot of point. I dont harbour any ill feeling towards Rooney to be honest. He left because he wanted to win things and since then has won 3 Leagues, 2 League Cups and a Champions League plus he paid off £25m debt for us when he went. Ok we may have been in a better position had he stayed but he's no Joleon at the end of the day.

Can't see him returning while Moyes is manager due to the way he behaved during and after the transfer, and I'd much rather have Moyes in Everton than Rooney.

Moyes and him are mates again now though mate. Rooney rang him up personally to apologise about the book and Moyes said he appriciated and accepted it, and that it showed maturity in Rooney.

I'd take him back alright, but as has been said before, he'd prob be 30+ so maybe not a lot of point. I dont harbour any ill feeling towards Rooney to be honest. He left because he wanted to win things and since then has won 3 Leagues, 2 League Cups and a Champions League plus he paid off £25m debt for us when he went. Ok we may have been in a better position had he stayed but he's no Joleon at the end of the day.

Fair enough winning things somewhere else, but it was his actions since that move are the reasons i don't like him. As LCAB said, kissing the Utd badge on Bally's day, doing an interview with The S*n, the initial lies about Moyes, which ok he has apologised for, but all left a sour taste

Yep. I've heard he will sign for free? one of them urban rumours, that he will run his contract down at UTD once he has won it all? Anyone else heard that, or is it just the voices in my head playing with me again.

Moyes and him are mates again now though mate. Rooney rang him up personally to apologise about the book and Moyes said he appriciated and accepted it, and that it showed maturity in Rooney.

Wasn't thinking just about the book comment, but it was one of the things I considered. It's the way he behaved towards us fans afterwards I took into consideration as well. Even if many fans would take him back, there will probably be an almost equally large number of fans that won't want him to play in an Everton shirt ever again.

Taking him back might start another rift through the ranks much like the stadium debate. So I can see some fans booing him even if he playes for us and with his temper (that still isn't under control) might very well flare up again and cause trouble within the team. But this is just speculations and my fears... no real facts behind them just a strong feeling.

Why not? He's still an Evertonian. Only stated that recently on the OS. I'd find it hard to beleive if he didn't come back late in his career, its a no brainer really and its bound to happen.

Fair enough winning things somewhere else, but it was his actions since that move are the reasons i don't like him. As LCAB said, kissing the Utd badge on Bally's day, doing an interview with The S*n, the initial lies about Moyes, which ok he has apologised for, but all left a sour taste

Exactly this....however good you are, or become, bad taste still stays around

The title of the thread could be reworded to say "we would take rooney back".........but I'd still be thinking.......well, we did better with Bent up front the season after we got rid of Rooney....? So.........

Status
Not open for further replies.